Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i was going through the prelude forum stickys and they had a how to on the push button start, so i read it and now am wondering if this can be done on an accord ( i certainly think it can) and what the differences would be if any. I did try looking it up using the search function, but the direct posts about it where never answered, but it appeared as if Ultra may have done this, not sure thoe (was reading his old h22a thread)

I know its useless but looks cool to the easly ammused :D :bye

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honda S2000 start button for ludes
Pin #1 is the signal wire.
Pin #2 is power.
Pin #3 is ground.
Pins 4 & 5 are unused.

You will need some pin connectors to connect the wires to the pins. Buy about 1 foot of black wire for the ground, about 4 feet of red wire for the power, and about 2 feet of yellow wire for the signal. (you don't have to have different colors for the wires, but this might simplify things greatly)

The power wire must be attached to a source of 12V power. DO NOT attach it directly to the battery w/o a fuse!
You can hook it to constant power if you want the light on all the time, or switched power if you want the light to come on only when the key is on accessory.

The signal wire connects to the wire that sends the siganl to your starter to start. This is different with different vehicles. Your stereo shop will tell you what button it is on your car. I'll let you 5th G guys know which one it is as soon as the Lude gets back from the shop.

The ground wire connects to a solid piece of bare metal in your car. (dUh!)

Thats it! Remember because of the immobilizer system the key must be in and turned to acc. for the car to start. Manually equipped cars must have the clutch depressed.

for the lude it was right under the steering wheel, and was a black wire with a white stripe that was beside a brown circle......

Now anyone know where, and which wire the signal wire is in the accords

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The push button start crap is just like hotwiring your car. You wont even need your key to start the car, but you need your key to turn your wheel unless you bust your steering wheel lock. Any car can have a push button start....except for cars with immobilizers and those other security codes and shit.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not realy, in this case instead of just turning the key, u push a button..... for my 01 coupe i still have to put the key in for it to work (has to read the signal from the proper key)... simply ur adding another step to turning on ur car, but it looks cool.... not all my friends are car freaks and don't know the simplicity of the things we do, but are amazed by it.

if u did this on a car that dosn't require the signal from the key, then anyone can jump in ur car and start... Wouldn't be smart to do on an car... not such a good thing for the older gens

Well i went to the dealership the other day and well this button is gona cost a nice $93 canadian :mad

·
Registered
471 Posts
very easy installation....if you're going to use your key along with it (suggested for security and simplicity reasons), then just buy a monentary switch with one side to a constant, and the other side tapped into the starter wire in the ignition harness. once that is done, turn your key to acc....push momentary button...drive off...... :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
93_SI said:
very easy installation....if you're going to use your key along with it (suggested for security and simplicity reasons), then just buy a monentary switch with one side to a constant, and the other side tapped into the starter wire in the ignition harness. once that is done, turn your key to acc....push momentary button...drive off...... :D
ok so a buy a normaly open momentary switch, attach one side to a constant... what constant, im assuming u mean a 12 volt source. and then the other side to the starter wire... if thats the case, then its dead easy, jsut need to fidnt he starter wire

My questions r,
*what about the signal saying the key is the ignition, do i not have to worry about this signal?
*i don't want the key and button both to start the car. I just want the button to start but still use the key because it has the security code in it. So do i have to completely cut the ignition wire off from the harness?

·
Registered
582 Posts
i recommend getting a remote starting kit instead of this. much cooler imo and can be useful. my friend has one on his 01 av6 and he can start his car, wait a minute or two white the ac cools it down (hot as hell in florida, cars are like 120 degrees not exxagerating) and then get in comfortably. sure not really necesary but can be cool and make it a little easier. also, your friends will think its cool if you start your car from across the parking lot

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol here in canada u get a remote car starter to warm up ur car :p

ya well i feel like an idiot because when i first got the car i got a secuirty system that came with the starter, but i decided not to get it installed :bash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.