Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna hear some drag race runs~ post them up guys~!

well first of all i'll start mine of. i have a 99 honda accord with i/h/e fpr, msd 6a, magnecore, pulley, etc.. etc.. much more. and i also i have nissan 300zx na (bone stock). i always wanted these cars to race one another. i let my friend drive my accord, while i got in my 3z. well, to make a long story short, the accord with all that mod had no chance. ( i had nitrous on my accord but i didn't let my friend use it) if the nitrous was used, i think the race would have been interesting.

· Registered
766 Posts
i always race old ladies in those huge cars...
and i almost never loose...:)

· Registered
116 Posts
Here goes....there are several races that I can tell you all about.

One night I was going home late. Just cruising and I pass a 2000 Civic Si with three people in it. I wasn't in the mood for racing but one of his stupid friends decided to use the laser pointer on my car and try to distract me. Everything was cool up until that point. Now I'm pissed!

I revved on this idiot with his friends and we came to a stop at a stop light. I launched and he did to but I knew he was inexperienced since the Si hesitated and didn't take off like it should. Unluckily for me, I had him beat in third when a slow Mercedes pulled in front of me. I had to hit the brakes and he went past. I had to laugh since I know anyone with any experience should have smoked me in the Si.

Another time, two modified cars flew past me on the freeway, a Civic hatchback and an Integra. I decided to join the fun. The three of us had engines blazing as we pulled past each other in the lower gears. The Civic didn't have the balls and quickly dropped off. It was just me and the teg. We kept up with each other but at the high end of 5th, the integra pulled slowly away. As we both pulled hard on 110 mph, the ride was a little too freaky and I didn't really have a chance to catch him so I decided to cut the race. (I need Nitrous!!!)

Hope I could share a little for you guys.

· Registered
2,574 Posts
I don't race just because I think it's stupid. But one night I pulled up along side this silly looking Neon at a stoplight. Headlight covers, chrome exhause tip, altezzas, slight lowering on stock rims. I was laughing to myself and could tell he was checking out my car because he was pulling forward. Well light turned and I accelerated faster than I usually do and the neon took off as fast as he could. I could hear that short ram blaring. About 1/8 mile later is the next light, and bling...red. So we're side by side again....light turns.....I romp on him. I'm pulling right from the start. He was pushing hard enough to chirp second, but I was still pulling on him. I just made it through the yellow of the next light and he got stuck waiting for the next light change. That was pretty fun. I had no engine mods at all and still took him out.

My other fun race was when I was heading up to the downtown area earlier that day. I had gone into the second lane at the light because I figured I'd just accelerate and catch the next right turn I needed. I was beside this old red pickup and saw two people inside. It was probably his girlfriend in the passenger seat, looked like it at least. He was back a few feet, and inched up even to me. Probably telling his girl how he's gonna take out this stupid import. Right after the light was a hill. I'm thinking; eh, might pull on me at first with the extra torque. Light turns and as much as he tried, I pulled on him. Switched lanes in front, and took my right turn. I wish I could hear the verbal abuse he got for that stunt.

· Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahh i remember one more race story of mine. me (99 honda accord) vs my friends bmw 330ic. we were on the 105 freeway heading east bound around 1 am. we were going about 80mph crusin when we decided to take a high speed run. obviously from 80mph he pulled and spanked me like a little gurl, by then we were going about 110mph. we started another race at 110mph. but this time he gave me a 5 car lenght lead. until 120mph he was catching up. by the time i hit my speed limit 130mph, he couldn't pass me because he hit his speed limit of 128mph.

by the way this is the fastest ive ever gone with my accord.

· Registered
334 Posts
I was on a street by me that 45 and im driving and i see this92 civic si or so not sure the year but the crx body style. At first nothing me and him speed then a red. One car in front of the civic and me behind the civic 3 cars next to us so no room. we accelerate with the rest of the cars till there is enough room for the si to cut and fly so i folow before we knew it i caught up was next to him and slowly pulling soon we hit 110 on a 45 mphstreet just my f*ckin luck a car in front of me so i go for the middle lane well so does he civic(three lan road) purposly so i cant. I almost hit that dude at 110. Then we broke off. Still to this day i cant believe i pulled on that civic( it also looked moded I mean all i saw was his exhaust but man what a sigh).

· Registered
66 Posts
some people dont have a clue

i was kickin it at a light at 2 am and this homeboy in a contour 24v something blah blah blah.. creeps up and is checkin me out.. i have a 92 lx.. the grandma green color.. you all know this color.. im rollin on my snow tires and rims with no covers. i have an intake and a half ass exhaust so im sittin pretty stock. light goes green and im half asleep as it is. this idiot squeels his tires like a bitch, which woke me up, and he was already thru the intersection before i dropped the hammer.. he is pullin hard cuz i can see it when he shifts.. this dude is thinkin he just beat me till i hit second gear and im already even with him.. by the time i am half way thru second gear im a fender length ahead and we are doin about 50 or 60 on a 40mph road.. i can tell he is still tryin but when we hit 80-85 mph he backs out like a bitch.. but he hadnt a chance.. i was a full car length ahead of this jack ass who had a three car length head start... that is about the only racing i have ever done in my accord..

· Registered
350 Posts
Here's my claim to behavioral delinquency:

On the way to work, I got on the NJ Turnpike north (truck-bus lanes like always, which normally have clear left lanes). As I travelled about 1 mile, I see some car (with foglamps on) behind me hopping on at the same entrance, darting over to the left lane and accelerate towards me. At this point, I'm doing about 75-80mph (cruising basically) when I come upon a bus in the left lane that holds me up enough for this car to catch up to me. I noticed that it was a newer Pontiac Bonneville SSEI and he was over me like a cheap suit. Seeing that the road ahead of the bus was pretty clear, I swing around the bus and accelerate with the SSEI still pretty much on me. As soon as we pass the bus, the SSEI jumped over to the left lane (me being in the middle lane) and we both floored it. The SSEI was pulling on me slightly (enough to see the SSEI logo on the door) until I my speedo read a little past 120mph when I began to pull him in and slowly pass him. Unfortunately, some guy in an old BMW 3-series pulled in front of both of us (about 150yards ahead) and caused us both to have to brake BIGTIME. (Man! Watching him pitch, I totally outbraked the SSEI. Love them Brembos.) When I get to work, I'm thinking that SSEI probably doesn't have much topend for my 4cyl 6th gen to ease past it at speed. So I jumped on the internet just to see how much topend the SSEI has and found out that it's governed at 131mph!! I bet this guy would probably freak if he knew I had a 4 cylinder Accord and not the 200hp V6 Accord.

· Registered
766 Posts
i gont really race cuz i have auto
its all looks for me

· Registered
433 Posts
I was on my way back home from the mall the other night, when i pull up to a red light, and an ambulance pulls up in the left lane. He starts revving me. I was dyin laughing, listening to him rev that big turbo diesel. The light turns green, and he takes off. I was laughing so hard, i didnt even bother. He pulls ahead of me, switches lanes in front of me, and hits hiz hazards, and the blue strobes. I never laughed so hard. I gave him a thumbs up at the next light.

· Registered
476 Posts
wellz... it was my friend & i on the i10 going eastbound about 4:30pm. there is mad traffic at that time & we had to meet some of the homie-girls at one of them ph0 places in san gabriel somewhere (in So. california) . don't remember if it was ph0 69 79 or 89. =) anyways, they had already arrived there and were waiting for us, my dumbass decided to take the carpool lane to make up time cause we didn't want to keep them waiting. carpooling is illegal after 4pm if you do not carry 3 or more passengers. wellz, my exit is like 10 mins away so what the hell, right. as im driving at 70mph in the carpool lane about to exit New Ave & drive the rest of the way locally, i notice a car litterally parked in the middle of the freakin road; my luck, it was the highway patrol. the officer looks inside the all the vechiles that exits and does a head count. im guessing, if i don't exit he won't bother w/ me? now im tailgating the guy in front of me so when the cop turns his head left to check the guys car i will be on the right & he won't see me; right when i past the cop, he starts following me. im thinking there goes 300+ dollars. so he starts gaining on me & once he got really close behind me he pulls left & looks at me & i look at him. i smiled & slammed on my breaks turned my wheel right & merged back into traffic. i went from 70 to like 20mph & now behind the cop. i saw brake lights so i knew the cop wanted to fine my ass but the cars behind him would've rear-ended him if he would've chased me down. i made my way to the right exiting the freeway... no police in sight.

1 point for David, 0 for L.A.P.D

· Registered
153 Posts
Mods in the sig

hmm few momorable races....

--raced a 99 5 speed lude 3 times.... first race.. (my car wit juss I/H/E n 55 shot back then) beat the lude WITHOUGHT spraying/... hahah fluke.. he laucnehd bad.. didnt shift right etc etc././// raced him again... n he beat me like he should have.... 3rd race... i used nitrous n no contest gave him a whoopin

--Beat a 2000 6 speed GT-S by 1- 2 car lengths (when i had only I/H/E 55 shot)

--one time i wus in a stop light late at night... n this 3rd gen lude juss launched when the light turn gree.. i wus like "what he racin me?" so i decided i should race him (by this time he wus a good 3 car lenghts up)... so hit my switch... 6-7 seconds later i pass his ass.... he had 2 passsengers n so did I... he harsh fingered me when i pased him n my buddies fingered him back... dis for him cause he wus with 2 chicks haha

--Raced a Type-R and an LS teg in the same night.. when i had a fucked up transmision .... soon as i sprayed.. car went way past redline n kept hitting rev limiter.. wouldnt shift gears .. downshift etc( auto) .... i fucked up my tranny :(

ive been out of racin for the past 3 weeks or so :( .. waiting for my rebuild

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
civic si pulls next to me on the freeway, i hear him drop to fourth, and i too drop gears. it's pretty even until he upshifts...he might of shifted wrong, cuz i pulled on him hard...fun cuz his girl was in his car and my girl was in my car...and that was the first time i took her driving like that...instantaneously turned her into a racer hahahaha

a few months ago i took out a twin turbo supra...but that was a total fluke.... hahaha i had 6 heads in my car...ROLLIN DEEP....and this supra comes flying through the traffic and pulls next to me and revs hard. me and all the people in my car look over and stare at the guy...he takes off and i kinda play catchup cuz he hits the red light....we all roll down our windows and he's staring right back at us thru his open windows....one of the highschool guys in my car knew the guy and said this guy was one of those spoiled kids whose parents buy everything for him. so we all started callin him out yellin at him and talkin shit talkin about how when we hit the next light we'll all get out and do shit to him and his car hahaha. so when the light turned green, i didn't really try to take off, but i heard the supra's blow off valves goin off next to me...we all look at him and smile...then i hit the gas and took off...supra didn't even wanna come next to me after that hahahhaa

· Registered
235 Posts
yo ultra...........

yo ultramegnetical I don't you beat the supra did you? Even if your car was suped up I still think you have not beat him? I"m just questioning your race with the supra thats all. Granted the kid is spoiled and all, but that does not mean you can win. I know you know supras are fast.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.