Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some 18inch ADR rims.... i need tires for them.. tirerack.com says 215/40/18 would be the best.... but i want 225/40/zr18 for mine.. BUT WILL THEY RUB???

no coilovers, no shocks = stock height
no camberkit

would they?? without rubbing

thanks honda guys

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
not if you do it right. the outer diameter stays the same. I'm pretty much exactly on with the 225/40/18s I have, verified by GPS to within 1mph

·
Registered
483 Posts
cryogen97 said:
not if you do it right. the outer diameter stays the same. I'm pretty much exactly on with the 225/40/18s I have, verified by GPS to within 1mph
:clap I have been looking for this info thanks a LOT :clap

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
go on yahoo and type in "tire calculator"

put in the stock tire specs and the tire specs that you want and it will tell you the width/diameter/ mph differences

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I went with the recommended tire size +5 for the middle number to get extra side wall and fill the wheel well a little more. Worked out great. :hug

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ok how about tire wear on the 215/40r/18s. is the wear the same as stock tire size( 45,000 to 50,000mi with comparable mfgr) or is it less. a buddy of mine said he got 35,000 miles on a set of eagles. which seems low. please give imput..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
that's more of a function of which tire you get. some last longer than others. The low profile tires tend to be more of a performance tire so you get less wear out of it. But not out of characteristic as if you went with the stock tire size in the same/similar model of tire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts