Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a friend with an 02 Accord V6 that I wanna race. I've got a 99 Civic Si with I/H/E and I think it would be a good race. He's got an intake on the Accord, but its an automatic, so really... I would be the only one actually racing, he would just stomp on his pedal "what a racer". Im a pretty good driver too. Anyway, Who would you bet on?

·
Registered
158 Posts
"no replacement for displacement"

My bet is on the accord. But then again his accord can be old and tired. So race him and find out.

·
Registered
868 Posts
TexasFormula said:
"no replacement for displacement"

My bet is on the accord. But then again his accord can be old and tired. So race him and find out.
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?!? hes car is newer than the goddamn civic!!!!

bot

th v6 is nice but the tranny is teh suck, so i dunno... just race him already

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
the civic will win. the auto AV6 runs a 15.9 (with a good driver lol). the 99 si runs a 15.7 stock. you will win fo sho. (i got the 1/4 times from car-stats.com)

·
Registered
772 Posts
my friend has a 2001 4 door accord V6. he busted his tranny and says he got a "racing" tranny. we had 5 good sized guys in it once and we were doin 120 pretty easy. 00 si aint to hot, i beat it on my 94 si before.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
If the SI gets a good launch it should be able to fend the accord off for a while, from a roll the V6 EASILY walks an SI(speaking from experience). If you hose your launch, you're done, all he has to do is keep his foot to the floor. Sadly the 6th gen AV6s are plagued with a nasty tranny and a real low stall(it's focus was comfort not performance) but once the TC starts moving fluid it'll move.

Dennis316, what tranny did you friend say he has? There are 2 companies that make them for the AV6, one sucks and doesn't work, the other is WAY expensive. The other alternatives are a CL-S 6 speed, legend 5 speed, or any tranny that mates to a J series Honda/Acura motor(you could put an oddessy tranny in if you felt like it, I know of an AV6 that was gone the other route and has a supercharged oddessy motor with a beefed up accord tranny, so it'll work)

·
Registered
772 Posts
I will ask him at school today.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yea like illusion said, you better pull of a flawless launch, and hope the race doesn't go too long, I raced an accord v6 of that gen with at least exhaust in my stock 5g lude, and from a roll he almost pulls even with me, and I walk Civic Si's from a roll, never bothered to run from a dig with one yet. Good luck, and it might not be as easy as you think. :rolleyes

- Dave

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Won all 3!

Well I race my buddy last Saturday 3 different times and beat him every time. There is a full 1/4 mile stretch in the warehouse district where I live that we raced at, plenty of road. The first time we raced he had 2 other people in his car. I was like "Dude, aren't you gonna kick them out for a sec for the race?" He said he wasn't too worried about it. I got off the line just perfect and beat him by about half a car length. He got pissed and told his friends to get out so we could race again. So we went again and at the end of the stretch his headlights were at my rear bumper. The third time was the exact same thing. Our bet was a case of beer, so he had to hand it over. There's nothing like a case of Red Dog after a confidence boost like that, yeeehaaa. This just goes to show all my other 4-banger friends out there, 6 aint shit.

:number1 :To whoever it was that said the Si aint that hot, try driving one once.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
lol street racing = ego boost thinking your car is faster than all 6cylinders cus it beat one even though you're still in the 15's =)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't get pissed now.

Listen pal, Why shouldn't I feel good about winning? And I wasn't implying that I can beat every 6 cylinder engine out there either, so chill. I don't really mean 6 aint shit ok, I'm just happy I won.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
nice kill, bro. i so so called that too! :D

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
was his stock? I guess the I/H/E makes a difference. Good kill

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.