Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 accord V6 I'm working on. I'm trying to figure out how they compare to an RSX in hp, speed, etc. I've read a few different things on each but I'm not sure if its right or not. Someone let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude i work with just got a Rsx not type S. Ever since he's been talking trash. He's still got it stock. I've already got my intake and exhaust switched out and planning on some headers in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if he's got reason to talk trash or what.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
well your cars have the same stock hp... but he has a manual tranny compared to our 'slushbox,' and his car weighs about half as much... you do the math

EDIT: plus our cars have an immense drivetrain loss... :(

·
Registered
772 Posts
hehe his car isn't that fast, but your car is slower. the RSX runs mid 15's. but auto = suck. You can prob take the base class, 160hp, but when it comes to the type S dont think about it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
you'll hit mid 15's with the type s if your a bad driver. You can hit 15 flat if your a good driver.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a friend with a 2000 V6 Accord Coupe.
He had i/h/e jacobs electronics ice pack(dont know if that helped)
I was bone stock. Now I have 2002 type-s. Everytime we raced it was close until #rd gear then i just seemed to pull on him hard. But they are also automatics so that was 1 advantage I had!!!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
2.0LMustangEatr said:
I had a friend with a 2000 V6 Accord Coupe.
He had i/h/e jacobs electronics ice pack(dont know if that helped)
I was bone stock. Now I have 2002 type-s. Everytime we raced it was close until #rd gear then i just seemed to pull on him hard. But they are also automatics so that was 1 advantage I had!!!

:rolleyes you sure you weren't skipping gears? :hehe

i just dont think even with i/h/e that our 6av6's can run with a type s

·
Registered
56 Posts
the other day after getting my exhaust fixed (too little back pressure) I beat an RSX type S.....somehow, I was surprised. I don't have the exact timing on my 0-60 or what year that RSX was but my 0-60 is definatly very comparable to the RSX type S and I have an automatic (not by choice, when the car is given to you , you can't complain) I love this car! some say it can't happen , but its different when your behind the wheel and it does. hit me up if your in j-ville and want to race and we will see whats what.

2001 Accord V6 special edition, intake, 2.25" exhaust , magnaflow 22 inch muffler(or whatever) no resonator, iridium plugs, unorthadox racing light weight underdrive crankshaft pulley.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not cutting on your car cuz i had a 2000 Accord but are you sure it was a Type-S? If it was that guy couldnt drive!!! But ok I have a friend outside of Tampa that is dating a girl from Jacksonville. He has 99 BMW M3. I beat him by about a 1/2 car length so I'm sure he wouldnt mind runnin you and if you beat him then come talk to me.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
canadian1986 said:
:rolleyes you sure you weren't skipping gears? :hehe

i just dont think even with i/h/e that our 6av6's can run with a type s
I had AEM CAI, Comptech headers, 5 zigen exhaust, and unorthodox pulleys on my 01 and a few other minor toys and I could almost hang with a stock RSX-S, from a roll I could slowly walk them, from a dig it was tough, . These days I don't worry about RSXs though :p Number racing doesn't always work. Sure there are a few people that have managed to pull a low 15 in an RSX-S, with my auto accord I pulled 3 15.1s one right after another trapping 91-93, and pulled 2 more the next week when I ran. There was an RSX-S that was there the first time I ran, and he was running 15.3-15.5 with 89mph traps but was getting killer 2.2-2.3 60's. The one thing with an auto accord is it's consistant, might not be that fast, but it is pretty easy to get out of the hole once you've figured it out, MUCH easier than a stick. With the rex I was all over the place the last time I ran it(first time also). a 13.1, a 14.0. a 12.9, and a 13.3 trapping 104-108, getting the launch nailed is a biatch, people with similar mods as I have(similar to vishnu stg 2, except my tune was from Mike @ gruppe-S), have run 12.5s one freak has even pulled a 12.1, but not me, I suck...

I think a mildly modded AV6 versus the average RSX-S driver is a drivers race with an edge to the RSX. Now a base RSX shouldn't be a problem, even to a stock AV6, he'll get you off the line, but stay in it and you'll catch him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts