Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i've searched for this answere but i haven't found one.........so i have an accord with konig prohets on it which konig doesnt make anymore... and one of my wheels KEEPS going FLAT.... i was just going to buy new ones of ebay but the only ones i can find, will fit a civic (4x100 lug pattern) [i need 4x114.3] i always see the conversion for 5 lug rims on the 4cyl accord (4 lug) so i was wondering if anyone had a way to convert the hubs or whatever on the accord to fit civic rims?

· Registered
3,077 Posts
hi i've searched for this answere but i haven't found one.........so i have an accord with konig prohets on it which konig doesnt make anymore... and one of my wheels KEEPS going FLAT.... i was just going to buy new ones of ebay but the only ones i can find, will fit a civic (4x100 lug pattern) [i need 4x114.3] i always see the conversion for 5 lug rims on the 4cyl accord (4 lug) so i was wondering if anyone had a way to convert the hubs or whatever on the accord to fit civic rims?
Get some konig heliums, stock size, great price for a lightweight rim, and theres a lot of colors to choose from

· Registered
39,372 Posts
you could do a hub conversion, but i dont think its worth it just to get a set of wheels to fit. and you would be downgrading from 4 x 114 to 4 x 100. might as well do a 5 x 114 conversion.

did you search anyplace else for your wheels besides ebay?

and what do you mean one of your wheels keeps going flat?

· Registered
3,077 Posts
did you search anyplace else for your wheels besides ebay?

and what do you mean one of your wheels keeps going flat?

He should go to tirerack, maybe learn a little. I wouldn't have suggested the conversion if he can't diagnose a tire going flat
:lmao

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the whole reason i asked is because i love these wheels and i dont like any others, they are DISCONTINUED so i cant just get more.....i found them on ebay and ebay only....ALSO i asked about a civic conversion because i never heard of one; dont you think if i seen my rims ina 5x114 pattern i would just do the KNOWN conversion of 4x114 to a 5x114 hub.... that would have been pretty dumb to go down to the 4x100 if the 5x114 rims were available.....and as for the tire going flat do you think i came out one morning and my tire was flat and sai "damn i think i need a new rim...." are you seriouse i've had the tire/ valvestem replaces the rim cleaned and finished....i even cleaned the tire itself with rubbing alcohol to make sure there was NUTHING on the bead then LOADED it with bead sealer.......SO if there is ANY other suggestions i'll take them..... thanks to the people that actually have something usefull to say.....

· Banned
41,334 Posts
yeah the whole reason i asked is because i love these wheels and i dont like any others, they are DISCONTINUED so i cant just get more.....i found them on ebay and ebay only....ALSO i asked about a civic conversion because i never heard of one; dont you think if i seen my rims ina 5x114 pattern i would just do the KNOWN conversion of 4x114 to a 5x114 hub.... that would have been pretty dumb to go down to the 4x100 if the 5x114 rims were available.....and as for the tire going flat do you think i came out one morning and my tire was flat and sai "damn i think i need a new rim...." are you seriouse i've had the tire/ valvestem replaces the rim cleaned and finished....i even cleaned the tire itself with rubbing alcohol to make sure there was NUTHING on the bead then LOADED it with bead sealer.......SO if there is ANY other suggestions i'll take them..... thanks to the people that actually have something usefull to say.....
Just run 3 wheels, its cool

· Registered
3,077 Posts
You must not realize how many ignorant people post about problems they have, and have done nothing to fix them. How are we to know you tried all these things? You know you can submerge a wheel in water to find the leak if its really hard to find. Just watch it sit and drink a beer.

Yea you may like those rims but realistically your not going to find them, Theres always craigslist, you could list yours on there as rare replacements or something and save for new rims. Theres got to be something out there that not only looks better but is lighter.

· Registered
113 Posts
if those are really "must have" wheels, the other option would be to get replica's made for your bolt pattern because no one seems to be able to offer a DIY or lead you in the right direction of doing the conversion

· Registered
10,346 Posts
um, ever heard of fixaflat? My steelie had that same issue, ficaflat worked like a champ. new rubber lining didnt do shit, cleaning, everything. BAM fixalflat to teh fucking rescue :btu

· Registered
62 Posts
um, ever heard of fixaflat? My steelie had that same issue, ficaflat worked like a champ. new rubber lining didnt do shit, cleaning, everything. BAM fixalflat to teh fucking rescue :btu
DO NOT PUT FIX A FLAT IN YOUR TIRES! its horrible for them and you wont ever be able to get it balanced again, take it to a shop and have them dunk the tire and see whats leaking, the rim might be fine

EDIT: oh yeah and if there is something in the tire fix-a-flat only works if that object fell out and the fix-a-flat can leak a little and dry up

· Registered
10,346 Posts
fixaflat is fine to use. You dont need something to pierce the tire to cause it to leak air

· Registered
62 Posts
alright, what do i know i only work at a tire shop...

no you dont, could be a bead leak in which you have to get the tire dismounted and have the inside of the rim buffed and sealed to fix that, or there could be a crack

well if your looking at new wheels anyway these are a couple that i know of that are kinda the same style, since the prophet is no longer made its going to be a hard one to find

Wheel Details - Discount Tire

Wheel Details - Discount Tire

· Registered
10,346 Posts
i dont care if you work at a tire shop, it doesnt mean you know your shit. not to challenge you or anything, but ive been using fixaflat for a long time. Hell one of my tires on the ol civic didnt wanna hold air ever, til I used fixaflat. that tire held air for over 2 years before I got new ones. I used fixaflat on 2 of my 13s, and jsut now on one of my current 15s. trust me, the shit works. Jsut cuz it wont hold air is no excuse to get new tires, fixaflat is so much cheaper and easier.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
yes a bead leak is unfixable by fixaflat, but it would prolly help though. I guess all im saying is give fixaflat a try before getting a new tire. If I could have afforded it, I wouldnt have rolled on that tire for 2 years, I would have replaced it

· Registered
62 Posts
i never said he had to get new tires, or you had to get new tires, but depending on where you bought your tires alot of places will fix the tire for free and you dont have a bunch of liquid sitting in your tire.

i fix tires all day that other places sold people and we dont charge them anything

· Registered
10,346 Posts
theres no such place around here, everyone wants to be paid for any type of work lol

Ive never seen a free fix anything, except when I had some car troubles, the local shop that my family takes their cars to, will help out or check something for free.

Never seen free tire work. fuck wisconsin :btd

· Registered
2 Posts
Simple question from a noob

I have a 97 Accord (did my name give it away) and am wanting to change wheels. You guys sound like you know what's up, so here's a question for you. Is 100 and 114 a mm measurement from bolt to next bolt or across the middle (and is that from bolt edge or center to center?)? I have a 4 bolt pattern and have found some 02 Civic si alloy wheels for a great price. They have same tire measurements as mine (185/65/15) and a 4 bolt pattern. Will that work?
Thanks in advance.
And for my $.02, I will never use fix-a-flat again unless in a real jam. Maybe if I had used just 5 seconds of spray instead of half the can it would have been okay, but using most of the can left so much liquid in the tire that it was crazy bumpy (would all gather in one area, unbalancing in a different place each time). Had to replace the tire. Try a few seconds and let dry then test would be my advice. ;)

· Registered
4,086 Posts
somewhere on the web there is a site that will tell you the bolt pattern of any car you could ever dream of asking about. 97 accord compared to an 02 civic might work, i cant remember when accords went 4x113/114 whichever it is. i do believe the civic is still 4x100 though and most likely prob won't work. i could be wrong. google for that site though it will tell you definitely

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.