Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car revs much quicker with it, it is harder to drive and have to rev higher to get the car rolling from a stop. it definetly pics up faster and when you shift hard it feels much better.

once the new clutch is broken in ill post time slips to see if I improve :). was fairly simple to install and decent price.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
The Act Streetlite is a great flywheel. I have been using one for over a year. Inexpensive and quality piece. However the stock flywheel is better for drag because it is heavier. As for it being more difficult to drive, you get used to it pretty quickly. It took me just over a day to get used to the change.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im not really building a drag only car, just well rounded in all areas. Im already used to it its nice and smooth now.

going to the track tonight :). I understand the stocked it better with the greater inerta and all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dont understand why stock would be better.

Excuse my ignorance but how is the stock flywheel better for drag or better at all? I just installed a Exedy stage 2 clutch kit with a fidanza flywheel. it's a little rough to engage minimal clutch play but i could get use to it. Revs are alot quicker at the bottom of the tach I like it. Still waiting on full break in but, how is the stock flywheel better??

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
holds more of the engines power in it since it weighs more.

its only an issue on really really sticky tires. lighter wouldnt store enough power for it to givr the tires a nice push.

After the track the car is MUCH harder to launch properly but it does pick up better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dont see it

HHmmmpph, but we have front wheel drive cars with little torqe to begin with high revving engines we would need to gett to our power bands as quick as possible, we would also want our drivetrain to move as quick as possible.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VtRe6gR1 said:
HHmmmpph, but we have front wheel drive cars with little torqe to begin with high revving engines we would need to gett to our power bands as quick as possible, we would also want our drivetrain to move as quick as possible.
you can benchrace all yu want man.

from my experience yes it will rev quicker but its WAY harder to launch and its much much easyer to bog off the line.

just try it man :). it does pick up much better in the mountain roads tho.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks guys for the posts..

i just ordered the Exedy Heavy Duty Pressure Plate with Full Faced Organic Disc with the ACT XACT Lightweight Chromoly Racing Flywheel thanks to the info provided..

i just got back to the states and got my 92 lude.. too bad a month later i spun the main bearing on the stock h23.. so now the 200hp jdm h22 is waiting on the new clutch to be installed.. i cant wait to get this damn car on the road!!!

this forum is alot of help.. props to all the peeps keeping this alive and updated!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bringing this thread from the dead. I orderd this flywheel yesterday, hopefully the installer will get it this weekend and see some good results from it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've always wondered about flywheels and how their weight affected the launch, revs. etc. etc. Thank you for clearing that up, though now I'm curious to figure out for myself what weight I will go with when choosing a flywheel or whether it will stay stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts