Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the process of doing some heavy preventive maintenance on my 95 Accord such as timing belt/balance belt, water pump, new radiator fan and clutch replacement/clutch master cylinder and slave cylunder replacement. I thought since I needed to resurface my flywheel for my new clutch, I said screw it lets just replace my flywheel. I just replaced my clutch with Exedy organic clutch kit along with an ACT StreetLite 12lb flywheel(I wanted to retain some streetability). What a difference it made in throttle response. I caught myself revving my engine a few times after the replacement because how quick my engine responded to throttle input. Wow. Best $450 I spent on parts for my car to date. I was running an ACT HD pressure plate with organic disk and the Exedy unit provided a much more positive feel and engagment plus the clutch pedal seem a bit lighter than the old combo. It mimics the stock set-up. I will be bedding in the new clutch in the next week or two and I will see how much better the Exedy clutch and ACT flywheel combo perform compared to the old combo. For anyone with $500 and in need of a clutch replacement on a lightly modifiefd Accord, Exedy clutch and ACT flyhweel is a good way to spend money. For a heavily modified car, I suggest a stronger clutch set up with more clamping force. I strongly recommend this setp-up. I apologize for the length but damn it best $450 I spent on my car to date.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
hmm.. i am actually shopping around for an act stage one organic clutch. my H22 is coming in about a week and i will be having it swaped then, so i guess that would be my best bet over a stock replacement. where can I get the best prices on the act clutches? thanks.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the ACT StreetLite flywheel and Exedy clutch from Prostreetonline.com for $450. Damn Good deal considering I've seen the Flywheel go as high as $299 for the accord and the exedy clutch kit go for as much as $270. They have all kinds of deal on ACT flywheel and clutch kit combos. I suggest you take a look at their own brand of flywheel as they have been featured in SCC. I chose the Exedy clutch kit since I've heard nothing but good about Daiken(Exedy) clutches. I was running ACT HD pressure plate w/ organic disks for the past 90,000 miles with no issue but I chose to switch to Exedy and its very comparable but imo it offers better feel and engagement. Or maybe its because its a new clutch :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.