Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase an ACT clutch/flywheel kit for my 97 lude. The kit comes with a ACT throwout bearing...What is the deal with these bearings...Are they good and last awhile...or should i just buy a stock honda one...I really don't want to spend the extra cash, so i thought that i'd ask...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Preludedrivin said:
I'm about to purchase an ACT clutch/flywheel kit for my 97 lude. The kit comes with a ACT throwout bearing...What is the deal with these bearings...Are they good and last awhile...or should i just buy a stock honda one...I really don't want to spend the extra cash, so i thought that i'd ask...

check the part number on it when you get it. i remember someone saying that act started using oem release bearings a while ago. i have a clutchmasters so i cannot verify it for you. maybe someone else can

·
Registered
870 Posts
Rick V said:
check the part number on it when you get it. i remember someone saying that act started using oem release bearings a while ago. i have a clutchmasters so i cannot verify it for you. maybe someone else can
i think you can buy a kit that does and a kit that has an upgraded one.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
the one i got from act sucks ass. it started squeeking 10 miles after it was put in:(

·
Registered
357 Posts
Unless you have major horsepower you don't even need an aftermarket clutch. Waste of money. I changed out my clutch a few days ago after buying it from the factory.

I dont know why these people do that. I know alot of people that have under 400 horsepower, and the only thing they can think about is getting some hard gripping clutch like there pouding the street.

The majority of those companies make those stage clutches for dragging and high powered - high torque applications, why don't you spend the money on the power first?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
WhataRush said:
Unless you have major horsepower you don't even need an aftermarket clutch. Waste of money. I changed out my clutch a few days ago after buying it from the factory.

I dont know why these people do that. I know alot of people that have under 400 horsepower, and the only thing they can think about is getting some hard gripping clutch like there pouding the street.

The majority of those companies make those stage clutches for dragging and high powered - high torque applications, why don't you spend the money on the power first?
so when he gets the power he wont have a clutch that cant handle it lol

he's asking about throwout bearings. not clutches. yes i know they're related but his question is not about if he should buy a clutch or not

·
Registered
910 Posts
crdcz03 said:
the one i got from act sucks ass. it started squeeking 10 miles after it was put in:(
i second that, mine only lasted about 4k miles before it started making the most god awful noises and it ate away at my clutch fork and messed some other shit up, spend the extra 40 bucks for a oem one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts