Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on here has ran one?? they are the same style as a tial but im sure the quality isnt near the same. I just want to know if they function alright or if they have problems with creep or overboosting...Also is anyone using there manifolds anymore since they supposidly "redesigned" them??

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bonestock94 said:
on HT theres quite a few guys using them. they are basically tial clones.

i picked up a use tial though, i trust a used tial over a new ssac wg.
yeah i would buy a tial in a second if i had the money but im throwing together a major budget style kit.

has anyone ever mounted an external gate on an hf manifold??

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
kory_69_187 said:
yeah i would buy a tial in a second if i had the money but im throwing together a major budget style kit.

has anyone ever mounted an external gate on an hf manifold??
im sure it could be done, just some good custom fabrication would need to be done. since youre on such a 'budget' i see why youd be interested. i wouldnt risk doing it. i mean if you can cut a nice perfect round hole on one of the pipes, or on the top of where they collect to the turbo, and then create a flange for it that fits perfect too, go for it..just too risky and pain in ass IMO.

why not just get internal wg?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ksniperfox said:
why not just get internal wg?
i might end up having to, its just a matter of how much the gate is set for...i dont want to run anything over 4-5 psi for now...external gates are just alot more accurate and dont jump around as much...i just dont wanna spend 250 on a tial right now... I will once i get next years financial aid check from school :D . then its time for a new gate, manifold and some forged internals hehe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
kory_69_187 said:
i might end up having to, its just a matter of how much the gate is set for...i dont want to run anything over 4-5 psi for now...external gates are just alot more accurate and dont jump around as much...i just dont wanna spend 250 on a tial right now... I will once i get next years financial aid check from school :D . then its time for a new gate, manifold and some forged internals hehe.
Seen many run the SSAc Wastegate. It's alright for its price, but if you get it, just make sure you check the spring rate they give you. Some were packed wit 14 psi springs when they asked for 7 :eek

Personally I would rather buy a used tial. ;) GL

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
kory_69_187 said:
I will once i get next years financial aid check from school :D . then its time for a new gate, manifold and some forged internals hehe.

and all those items def. help you get back and forth to school in the alotted time frame, minus some... :ninja

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bonestock94 said:
hf mani might as well stick with internal gate.
i probably will, i just have no idea what the internal gate is set at, and i need all the specs to send in to get a chip burned for my ecu.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.