Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://hondanews.com/CatID1000?mid=2006071244960&mime=asc

TORRANCE, Calif. 07/12/2006 --

Acura today announced pricing of the all-new 2007 RDX 5-passenger luxury SUV. Making its debut at Acura dealerships on August 10, the 2007 RDX will have a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $32,995. The performance oriented RDX is poised to bring a new level of driving excitement and enjoyment to consumers seeking sports sedan performance in the growing entry premium SUV segment...

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
That price IMO is "okay", not great but not horrible. What's overpriced is the Tech Package...
$36,495, an extra $3,500 for:
-10-speaker, 410-watt, Acura/ELS Surround(R) Premium Sound System
-Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition(TM) and rearview camera
-HandsFreeLink(TM) wireless telephone interface
-AcuraLink(TM) Satellite Communication System with Real Time Traffic

Sucks to have to pay $3,500 for Bluetooth when the TSX has it standard.

The gas mileage is also disappointing... 19/23 on premium. Someone mentioned on Temple of VTEC that the new RAV4 V6 is 21/28 on regular with 269hp. I thought the point of a 4-cyl was fuel economy....

·
Registered
972 Posts
White98LS said:
Someone mentioned on Temple of VTEC that the new RAV4 V6 is 21/28 on regular with 269hp. I thought the point of a 4-cyl was fuel economy....
Yeah, I thought that the variable blower on the RDX supposed to bring magic in term of fuel consumption. But I wouldn't fuss much about the power figure though, the RDX may not have the power to boot, but it has plenty of torque with 260 lbs-ft vs Rav 4 or even its intended rival the RX330.

Here's a brief summary, taken from the TOV thread.

RAv4 v6 269 hp torque 246 21/28
Lexus rx 330 223 hp torque 236 18/24
Acura RDX 240 hp torque 260 19/23

Compared directly with its intended rival the RX330, the RDX is not so bad at all. I consider the Rav4 as a prodigy anyways.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Midi_Amp said:
Here's a brief summary, taken from the TOV thread.

RAv4 v6 269 hp 246 torque 21/28
Lexus rx 330 223 hp 236 torque 18/24
Acura RDX 240 hp 260 torque 19/23
Are the RX330 numbers really that low?
Well the RX350 outputs: 270hp/251lb-ft 19/24
I'd still prefer the RAV4's engine numbers over the rest. I'm not seeing the benefits of turbo here if the engine's still drinking as much, if not more fuel.

EDIT: Is the RDX really focused on the RX's market? I'd have to see one in person first, but I would think the RDX would be reaching a little to go 1 on 1 with the RX350. It seems to be a notch below in my eye(so far).

·
Registered
972 Posts
Here's a nice review of the RDX, I quoted the interesting aspects of it.

Could this be love?

Short of all that — or having the profile of a Maserati Ghibli — it would be hard to improve upon the Acura RDX, a perfectly constructed, elegantly engineered and shamelessly underpriced (low- to mid-$30,000s) new offering in what is called, in the artful patois of product planning, the "entry premium SUV" segment.
To put the RDX in a box a bit: It is a five-seat, compact crossover utility vehicle — more all-weather than all-terrain — comparable in size to the Toyota RAV4 and the Mazda CX-7. With its plenary array of technological amenities it more than qualifies for the "entry luxury SUV" category, up against the BMW X3, the Lexus RX330 and, soon, the Land Rover LR2.
What I didn't expect in the RDX was that it would be such a screaming hoot to drive. With the casually muscular, taut and tuned feel of a proper sport sedan, the RDX rips corners a new one. The steering is quick (2.76 turns lock to lock) with excellent on-center feel and heavy affirmative feedback while cornering.
It looks like Honda/Acura nailed it... The reviewer seems very happy.

·
Registered
593 Posts
what ticks me off is the passenger seat doesnt have power controls even as an option yet. I mean, manual adjustment in a $37,000 SUV? That blows.

·
Registered
972 Posts
accordjtstyle said:
what ticks me off is the passenger seat doesnt have power controls even as an option yet.
Well I won't give it the smallest darnest thing. The only thing I will give a damn about is the RDX itself, probably I will focus too much on driving the car rather than observing the passenger comfort :D

But yeah, 30 grand seems a bit much without powered passenger seat. The recently uplifted ADM (ASEAN Domestic Market) Accord has it for an option... By the way, our Accord has black housing lamp as standard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.