Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much are these rims worth with tires?

I know they bolt up but do they rub when lowered with h&r oe sport springs?

How much do they weigh?

Also do you think they look good on the accord coupe?

thanks
ps I am talking about the 20-02 rims not the new mesh spoke ones on the 6 speed
ck

· Registered
720 Posts
I don't think they would rub. I really like the way the CL-S rims look, too! I would think you could probably get a set for like $500-600, but I wouldn't pay more than $800 for them if I were you, or else I'd just get something aftermarket.

· Registered
658 Posts
cl-s rims are 17x7 with a 55 offset, on 215/50 tires. a couple of v6ers have already put these on their rides with no problems. if anything, these wheels and tires are just slightly wider (same offset) than stock.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
theyre pretty heavy , i have 19in advan model 5 right now and theyre alot lighter then the stock 17in :) if youre puting type-s rims on your accord , i bet you could feel the weight :)

· Registered
563 Posts
i recently got a hold of a set of cl-s rims that were almost brand new for 5 bills...yep, those suckers are heavy as hell, and the offset makes the rims almost sit flush with your fender. So the rims look pretty good. Of course its not volks or anything..but i rather get these than some shitty aftermarket copies like konigs or what not. So far i haven't gotten any negative comments..people love em. If u wanna see pics gotta ask accrdv6cpe for em or frank828, cuz i dont have a digicam..but they took pics of my ride.

· Registered
4 Posts
So with these heavier 50lbs wheels, how does it affect the car's performance? Assuming the change is from the 35lbs V6 wheels to the Type-S ones.

I'm thinking of getting them too, but I worry that the car will turn sluggish.

thnx.

· Registered
288 Posts
q_enzo said:
So with these heavier 50lbs wheels, how does it affect the car's performance? Assuming the change is from the 35lbs V6 wheels to the Type-S ones.

I'm thinking of getting them too, but I worry that the car will turn sluggish.

thnx.
Well you're adding 60lbs of weight onto the car, so of course that'll slow you car.

· Registered
4 Posts
Pinoy Dragon said:

Well you're adding 60lbs of weight onto the car, so of course that'll slow you car.
Do you have these wheels as well?

Like how sluggish? Would I feel a VERY noticable difference?
Just a little more details please. In particular, anyone regret they got these?

· Registered
563 Posts
in terms of acceleration, yeah, they are sluggish, but then again, most rims u put on will slow your car down cuz they're too heavy, unless u go w/ volks, advans, some racing harts, or certain rotas..etc....

only way, u gonna find an increase in acceleration is find lighter rims than your stock....which will be rare and expensive

by the way, cl-s rims are wider 17x7, and come with pretty decent tires (if u can find them), so u do have better cornering...
as for my cl-s i like em alot..hopefully frank828 or accrdv6cpe will send me pics of my own car soon.

· Registered
563 Posts
yeah it turned out ok....checked out franks and jerry's cars..really nice.....i'm not into bodykits anymore...but gotta admit Jerry's car is pimping..love the aqua caps on his HIDS...

hahaa.....i didnt kno we stayed out so long, until i noticed that everyone was freezing their ass off, and garden closed...it was like 1:30am with jerry and frank freezing cuz they didnt bring any sweaters, and my legs frozen cuz i was running around in shorts... other than that..it was cool to finally meet jerry and frank.

Hey sheena, can u ask them for me for the pics?? please?? I really wanna see how the pics turned out..cuz i have no camera of my own..waaahh

· Registered
720 Posts
uciaccordv6 said:
yeah it turned out ok....checked out franks and jerry's cars..really nice.....i'm not into bodykits anymore...but gotta admit Jerry's car is pimping..love the aqua caps on his HIDS...

hahaa.....i didnt kno we stayed out so long, until i noticed that everyone was freezing their ass off, and garden closed...it was like 1:30am with jerry and frank freezing cuz they didnt bring any sweaters, and my legs frozen cuz i was running around in shorts... other than that..it was cool to finally meet jerry and frank.

Hey sheena, can u ask them for me for the pics?? please?? I really wanna see how the pics turned out..cuz i have no camera of my own..waaahh
Glad everything turned out okay. I really, really, really wanted to go with you guys, but I fell asleep so Jerry left w/o me. *sniffles*... he was at my house, and when you called I was like "I wanna go too!" but I was like falling asleep already. Jerry said he'd wake me up if he goes, but he didn't. :( :mad: Haha, now you guys owe me a dinner. :D :p

I asked Jerry and he said he'll have your pics up on ACO tonight okay? So stop whining! :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.