Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh my god. if you own a gen 6 or 7 civic, you will cream yourself when you see an Aura EL. i stumbled over a website called www.ClubEl.ca and i creamed mine! oh man. its basically a civic, but with like lancer headlights, and a nice bumber, and its madd luxurioius. wood grain trim inside, all leather everyhting. different center concel. everytign is gorgeous!

if anyone out there can tell me more info about this EL i would be delighted to know. is there a coupe versoin, hatch? is there a place like HandA.com that sells stock replacement parts for this EL? so i can do swaps? can u do a El front end swap onto a regular civic??? HELP , I WANT TO LEARN MORE MORE MORE!!!

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
I want one

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
EL's have seat warmers and heated mirrors. .. it used to be called the 1.6 EL, but newer ones are 1.7EL :) they're pretty nice, a luxury civic

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
can you saaaay NON-TECH ;) :p Yes it looks damn good and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
What I don't get is why is it an Acura? Clearly is a Civic body...and those tail lights on the 1.6 EL, the inner parts look like Accord tails but the outter looks like 6th Gen Civic tails...that car is confusing and looks kinda awkward...

·
Registered
284 Posts
The EL has been around for awhile and is currently only available in Canada.

The newer 1.7 EL and 7th Gen Civic sedan are fairly similar, with some minor differences in the front bumper and grill, trunk, and the extra emenities available on the EL. The 1.6 EL and 6th Gen Civic sedan have more dramatic body differences in the front and rear.

If you really like the look of the EL, you can do a conversion to your Civic sedan. And because they're essentially the same car, the conversion would be fairly easily. You would just need to acquire all the parts—and from what I understand they bolt up with little or no modification.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
it's acura because of the "luxury" or "premium" factor... same reason the integra is an acura when it should be a honda (hell, it started out with the same chassis as a civic). the nice cushy interior (with seat warmers and all), as well as the body design and the heated mirrors... and some other canadian goodies... daytime running lights, etc.

·
Banned
638 Posts
webistes sell the Domani frint end conversion, which is the El front end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.