Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a larger TB. But i don't want to pay a crap load for it. My question is can i go to a swap meet or a junkyard and pull on off a dohc acura or honda for that matter and bolt it on. If so what engine type should i look for to get a larger TB off of?

·
Registered
162 Posts
ok so your d15b7 has a 56mm tb unless your gonna get a better IM you don't wanna go to much bigger.....so just go grab you a b16a2(99-00 SI) tb it's a 60mm and if you wanna just get the biggest get a B18c5(Integra Type R) it's a 62mm OR you can just go up one step and get a b18a tb its a 58mm

hope this helps, PM me if you have anymore questions

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
lngbchkd83 said:
is swapping over a b series tb to a d series even noticeable at all? does it help with throttle response, top end or anything?
Only if you had done things to make the engine move more air such as port the head, bigger valves, upgrade to a better cam with more lift and duration, and a better intake manifold. Sometimes putting a bigger throttle body on than what you need can hurt you in hp.

·
Registered
130 Posts
you can always buy a si 60mm TB but buy a intake manifold and a cam also. or just build a head up then swap that. but even all that is more than a b16 motor.. if you really want to build a d series build a entire head then just bolt it on or buy a whole motor for 300$ and build that while you are driving around. just take your time.you can also use another motor for practice on your mechnical skills that way you will save hundreds of $$$ in the long run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.