Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking for a 1st car. I found a 96' Integra tonight it has 83k on it and there asking 6,995 for it. Full leather seats, power windows, locks. New Pioneer head unit, alloy wheels, auto trans. This is all I could tell from the outside right now. I'm going to check the VIN prob. tomorrow. Do you think this is a pretty decent deal for it and would a Integra be a good car for a 1st one?

Another question I have...
I've always wanted to fix up the car (I/H/E and what not) this is still possible with an Auto but is it still worth it. I wouldn't imagine the tranny would matter to much but just getting some opinions.
Joe

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
dont buy an auto... i made that mistake with my old accord... it was a great car , has i/h/e all done.. but its just not as fun as it would be with a MT... id say keep looking for a teg thats got a MT

you might also get a better responce in the integra forum

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i made the mistake of buying an auto and i regret it. if i were you, id keep looking.
doesnt only the GSR or SE come with leather seats and the GSR only comes in MT. im confused :confused

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, this is a 96' SE.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jo060 said:
Still looking for a 1st car. I found a 96' Integra tonight it has 83k on it and there asking 6,995 for it. Full leather seats, power windows, locks. New Pioneer head unit, alloy wheels, auto trans. This is all I could tell from the outside right now. I'm going to check the VIN prob. tomorrow. Do you think this is a pretty decent deal for it and would a Integra be a good car for a 1st one?
slowamatic is ok for a new driver/ firstcar( unless you have driven a stick before)
well im not your boss, so i cant tell you what to do

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alrighty picking up an Integra on Friday or Sat :D

Do you know where I can get an Owners Man. for it? It doesn't have one any more.

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeah dont get no auto..especially if you're gonna race that..you'll just get made fun of no matter how good it looks. There's this guy i have a few classes with, he has an auto civic..shit is hella pimped out though..turbo n everythang..but its an auto and he gets made fun of alot..hah cuz there's no skill in racing when all u do is floor it

·
Registered
97 Posts
i agree with everyone else, stay away from auto tranny if you can.

manual is just so much more fun :)

joe

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
auto= :sleep .....i think ive forgotten how to drive auto, on my moms SUV i always keep trying to find the clutch pedal and keep reaching for a shift knob that isnt there.... :lol2

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
95db8 said:
auto= :sleep .....i think ive forgotten how to drive auto, on my moms SUV i always keep trying to find the clutch pedal and keep reaching for a shift knob that isnt there.... :lol2
i do that a lot when im driving my moms car 2

1 - 20 of 36 Posts