Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these rims for free from my work, and after a hour of filing away and the front ones, they fit perfect, and they are 8'' all around and i can feel a huge differnce in handlin it hugs curves like a champ 08 tl rims look sikkk
what you think??? powercoat em black or leave em???

· Registered
588 Posts
I got these rims for free from my work, and after a hour of filing away and the front ones, they fit perfect, and they are 8'' all around and i can feel a huge differnce in handlin it hugs curves like a champ 08 tl rims look sikkk
what you think??? powercoat em black or leave em???
Do you mean physically filing, with a metal file, the mating surface of your wheel to get this to fit?:eek2

If that's what you did, I'd say that is extremely dangerous because your mounting surface is no longer parallel to the outside diameter of the rim. I'd jack your car up and check for wobble as you spin the wheel.

Better yet, throw a drop-indicator on it with a magnetic base (attached to an old rotor or something) and check the runnout.

If you did what I think you did, it would have been better to have a machine shop mill or turn that surface to the desired height.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i work at a shop, and the hubs were to big for the front, so we filed the rims, and spun balanced them to make sure they were even and ive been checking the lug torch everyday for the past week to make sure if there is any kind of woble i will kno cause a lug wouldnt be in spec

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.