Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I'm new, so please forgive my ignorance on the subject.

I don't even know if the engine is too big, but is it possible to transplant an Acura TL Type S engine into an Accord?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about this tooo, but then you have to realize by the time you are done you've spent enough just to buy yourself a new cl. I don't think the engine will fit. Possibly if you have a 6 cyl accord, but defninantly not on a 4 cyl... the engine layout is reversed for some of the components... it wouldn't work, if it did it'll cost you more than it's truly worth.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah, money talks and in this case it would be a complete waste of it.

The motor alone is about the $8G price that Accordsibling posted. Not to mention that you'd at least need a new ECU, transmission and motor mounts (provided you have an F23A Accord). It may be slighty cheaper if you already had a J30A Accord.

My advice: just trade up for a TLS/CLS (CLS are going at discount rates right now). But if you want that horsepower level on an I4 Accord, you're looking at a motor buildup (bottem-end and valvetrain), tranny bulletproofing and then attaching a turbo kit to the setup. This may run you about $8G+, but your looking at about a 300hp possibility. BTW: Your I4 fuel economy would go right out the window. :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think its too expensive and impossible. Those horsepower numbers sound really good though. I wish someone would try to do it. Lates

·
Registered
278 Posts
gob_2k said:
I think its too expensive and impossible. Those horsepower numbers sound really good though. I wish someone would try to do it. Lates

do you know how to read it has been done. a cl-s engine twin turboed and put in a first gen. cl .

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
l.i.accord said:

do you know how to read it has been done. a cl-s engine twin turboed and put in a first gen. cl .
w/ a cl-s tranny as well i assume? i wonder how that tranny is holding up under all that power, guess it must be quite a bit different from the av6 tranny.

·
Registered
278 Posts
munkeysoup said:

w/ a cl-s tranny as well i assume? i wonder how that tranny is holding up under all that power, guess it must be quite a bit different from the av6 tranny.

he got the full level-10 treatment (yes it was an entire drive train from a cl-s)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts