Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Acura TSX V6 - Autoblog

Acura fans have something to rejoice about today as the Japanese automaker just released a new model here at the Posts from the Chicago Auto Show Category at Autoblog. Before you get too excited, know that it's not rear-wheel-drive or powered by a V8 engine, but it's still a nice addition to the line-up. For the 2010 model year, the front-wheel-drive TSX sedan will be available with a 280-horsepower 3.5L V6 engine (most likely a version of the same engine offered in the Honda Accord, though Acura didn't confirm). The package also includes a slightly revised front fascia, retuned suspension system and new 18-inch wheels that are a full inch larger than the ones that come standard on the four-cyliner model. Acura says this new TSX model is a harbinger of good things to come, as the automaker plans to heavily revise all of its models for the upcoming model year. While we wait for that to take place, sales of the new V6 TSX should begin later this summer.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No SH-AWD in this one, and no 6MT, so i'm going to be moving into a different car very soon. S2000, RL, RDX, C350, 335ix, g35x, S4... something along those lines.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm glad that Acura is taking baby steps in the right direction. I am sure everyone on this site would have liked to see SH-AWD or at least a FWD 6-speed. Who know though they might come out with a type-s version later. Now they just need a turbo 6 or a v8 in the RL.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
wow acura is definitely turning to shit.. the only reason they're putting a v6 in here is because they're making it heavier as always, and the original 4 banger will be slow as fuck.

seriously Acura, why are you still making FWD cars?

To release the TL as an auto only option right after offering a TL-S with a 6MT was a bad enough move, lets just ruin the TSX while we're at it.

Hate to say it, but Honda has definitely sold out. They don't offer anything worth buying anymore. the s2k turned to shit, and now they're stopping production on that.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
and the new acuras are looking more and more like a toyota every single day

·
Registered
41,903 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
wow acura is definitely turning to shit.. the only reason they're putting a v6 in here is because they're making it heavier as always, and the original 4 banger will be slow as fuck.

seriously Acura, why are you still making FWD cars?

To release the TL as an auto only option right after offering a TL-S with a 6MT was a bad enough move, lets just ruin the TSX while we're at it.

Hate to say it, but Honda has definitely sold out. They don't offer anything worth buying anymore. the s2k turned to shit, and now they're stopping production on that.

I agree. There is nothing left to this brand worth buying anymore. Everything has gotten soft and heavy, compared to what Honda built in the 90's, this shit is a far cry and a wanna be of yesteryear. I'll stick with my older pre 01 Hondas.

I dont get why they wouldnt make it with the AWD, or a more powerful engine,.

Not to mention, all the new acuras and Hondas are UGLY as fuck.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
I agree. There is nothing left to this brand worth buying anymore. Everything has gotten soft and heavy, compared to what Honda built in the 90's, this shit is a far cry and a wanna be of yesteryear. I'll stick with my older pre 01 Hondas.

seriously, Acura is trying to establish themselves as a luxury brand, yet they offer no high end cars that will compete with the likes of bmw, audi, and mercedes.

Seriously, give the TL a 6MT, turbo, and RWD/AWD options and they might be on their way

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

They have to get heavier a bit for the ACE body structure. Every one of their cars has a 5 star crash rating, and they are all still relatively fuel efficient.

But them not putting SH-AWD in the TSX killed it for me. The new TSX's don't look nearly as bad as the TL's and the face-lifted RLs with their power plenum grill. At least with the TSX, the grill is smaller, and actually looks not bad if you paint match the fat part in the middle with the rest of the car, or CF from CT:

The hondas have grown on me, but that VTM-4 isn't half as good as the SH-AWD.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seriously, Acura is trying to establish themselves as a luxury brand, yet they offer no high end cars that will compete with the likes of bmw, audi, and mercedes.

Seriously, give the TL a 6MT, turbo, and RWD/AWD options and they might be on their way
RL with a V8 in 2011 or 2012 should compete. The TSX with a V6 is much more comparable to the V6 offerings of other luxo brands than the i4 ever was. And the TL is a pretty sweet car on the inside that does come with SH-AWD, but that body is fawking hideous!

This looks somewhat better but still... uh... NO!:

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
true, but if acura continues the way they have been, they will not offer anything in a manual.

thats a big no no for car enthusiasts, who are going to pick up a 335i instead because it has a twin turbo 6 speed

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I hate how everything is automatic only now.

People need to quit being lame and man up and get a real transmission and actually learn to use it. Drivers ed should teach on sticks, and I wanna start a petittion to make every car/truck manual.

Cars with automatics should just come with a god damn tampon dispenser. There that weak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.