Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Can you elaberate a little, add more speaker wire, and more signal, wire what wire are you trying to extend?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Yea not really sure what you are trying to do here. But I think what you are saying is the stock harness wires it too short or something and you want to add wires to it to make it longer? What ever you dont dont cut the stock wires.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SuperAkuma said:
Yea not really sure what you are trying to do here. But I think what you are saying is the stock harness wires it too short or something and you want to add wires to it to make it longer? What ever you dont dont cut the stock wires.

Some dickhead already cut the stock wires instead of buying a harness. So they are attached to a harness but now i just want to add a piece of speaker wire to the end from the car and attach it to the harness so it makes the harness longer. Im trying to reach the glovebox, will this work or will speaker wire not carry the signal? Im only using the copper piece of the speaker wire for all wires, and im doing this to every wire on the harness.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i'm not sure what harness you have in the car, but extending it with speaker wire is fine as long as the wire is coated and NOT just copper wire because you don't want any of the wires to be bare and touch together!! if it is bare copper wire, then i will suggest on getting coated speaker wire because it won't be such a tedious job wrapping electrical tape around the bare copper wire and having to worry about the tape coming off!! if you're trying to do what i think u r trying to do, then it shouldn't be a problem!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
southboy1246 said:
i'm not sure what harness you have in the car, but extending it with speaker wire is fine as long as the wire is coated and NOT just copper wire because you don't want any of the wires to be bare and touch together!! if it is bare copper wire, then i will suggest on getting coated speaker wire because it won't be such a tedious job wrapping electrical tape around the bare copper wire and having to worry about the tape coming off!! if you're trying to do what i think u r trying to do, then it shouldn't be a problem!!

Yeah you got my idea, and for the most part its coated, im just going to tape up the part where the wires are connected. Hope this project works! Wish me luck lol

·
Registered
870 Posts
what you need to do is go to an auto parts store and buy som 16 gauge wire and some red butt connectors, that wire make the job cleaner and less chance fopr you connection commeing lose than just some tape. or soder them!

·
Registered
25 Posts
you can use butt connectors, but i strongly suggest soldering the joints together...less chance of them coming apart as well as taping the joints once u finish soldering them! (don't let the prickly wires come out of the electrical tape).

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
01preluder said:
what you need to do is go to an auto parts store and buy som 16 gauge wire and some red butt connectors, that wire make the job cleaner and less chance fopr you connection commeing lose than just some tape. or soder them!
Yeah for some of the wires im probably going to solder them, I just need to pick up some solder. Phew am I glad this project would work, thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts