Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about this and wondering. my friend on his civic has adjustable cams..he got it like that and i never knew much about it.

haha i should correct, adjustable CAM....only one.

he has a msd system in there as well...but it is advanced.

now by my understanding the point of the timming belt is to keep everything nsync hehehe....

yet when you adjust the cams timming, to a bit more, wont the affect be reverse? like say on a intake stroke...air comes in yes..but the air and fuel come in early due to the cams being advanced...then on the exaust stroke the wasted crap is just wasted...

cuase my friends blowing black smoke at the higher rpms...

just a thought...whats ur opinion on those?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
tds715 said:
adjustable cam GEAR ;)
:stupid

you can effectively adjust your cam timing by moving some stuff around, but the camgear makes it so much more easier and you can finely tune the timing. this really should only be done while on the dyno as you can totally fuck up your timing. and it's not too big of an advantage unless you have changed your camshaft profiles.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i have mine tuned and i love it... with that done, advanced timming, and also had my VAFC tuned i made 10 more H.P. to the wheels on my automatic accord.... thats street tunning in between sessions at the dyno.... i barely looked at the A/F guage..... i did it myself and im new too tunning......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.