Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! So im looking to buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for a Civic 98 EX (d16y8) but im having trouble finding the right one. I dont really know what is a good brand to go with. I was looking at AEM a little but i just cant seem to make a decision and i really want to go with the right one.
I will of course need a gauge but i'd like to run it to a pod inside my car...anyone have any suggestions on which ones would be good and which ones wouldnt?
thanks for the help! :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
AEM is a good brand, But in order to have a fuel pressure gauge inside of the car you'd have to run a line off the fuel regulator..and I think it'd create some problems. Especially since there will be pressurized fuel inside of the car in a plastic line. Aeromotive makes a FPR with a empty fitting for a gauge though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was really interested in getting the aeromotive one, but i cant seem to find one for my year...i know its a little bit tricky to have it inside your car, especially if you get air bubbles in the line...it can really set the gauge off...but i guess i just want the option there if i decide to do it. thanks for the advice :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so any other suggestions, or does anyone know where to find an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator for my year? 1998 civic ex d16y8...i really dont think they even make one for my year...but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Nothing wrong with AEM, but I would rather get an aeromotive regulator. as for a fuel pressure gauge, be sure to get an electronic one instead of a mechanical one. reason being is that if you get mechanical, then you have to run a fuel line to the gauge itself (doubt you want to risk a gas leak in your cabin). electronic will have a sensor that you put in the fuel system somewhere (like right on top of the fuel filter).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah the aeromotive is my personal choice too, but i cant seem to find the right one anywhere...
im thinking im just going to leave the gauge under the hood, its a little too much hassle to put it in the cabin. thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.