·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
360 degrees ;)

go have this done while on the dyno.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
as ultra says, go to the dyno. get it tuned. what your timing should be depends on your mods. ive heard a cheap way of tuning cam gears is to advance till you hear knocking, then retard 2 degrees. is this bad?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
yah, that's bad.

every engine is unique. just because it may work for one person, doesn't mean it will work for you.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
all engines are different but you can advance dizzy timing by advancing it all the way and slowly retarding it until theres no knock.

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
Just put your ignition timing to 15 degrees, dont waste all of that money for dyno tuning when you only need to adjust timing.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
which is why you build your engine to a point where it needs dyno tuning. adjusting the timing isn't worth having to get more expensive gas. you're better off just going on a diet and loosing 10lbs :rolleyes

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i checked my timing and its at 5 deg.
on what cylinder do uchexck the timing.im pretty sure its 1 but when i hook up my timing gun to 1 i cant see the timing mark. i can onyl see the timing mark on the polley on cylinders 2,3.??? whats going on?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
go to the gas station waste your money on premium fuel then pull your dizzy all the way forward towards the front of the car and test and tune until theres no pinging. not really worth it to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts