Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any kind of springs or coilovers that are adjustable? and if there are how much are they. if i have stock rims and tires would it look stupid if i dropped my car. Also about the exhausts, would i have to do the whole catback system or could i just do a muffler? cause all i want is real loud sound. thanks for the input

· Registered
1,379 Posts
coilovers are adjustable.... koni makes some adjustable shocks that will go perfectly with the gc coilovers. koni yellows (sports). or you can go with a full coilover setup from like tein, or i think apex has one. as for exhaust i would get a full catback they sound better and give you performance. while a axel back (just muffler) doesn't sound as good unless you get custom piping with it. the tanabe racing medallion exhaust is pretty loud though, but it sounds nice as hell.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
ya, I know a place that sells tanabe for cheap for 6th gen civic. loudest sound exhaust.

With the springs and shocks, don't you need camber kit? :confused:

· Registered
610 Posts
Phew, you are new. Let me educate you as best I can. On the suspension, yes, coilovers are all adjustable (at least all I know about), some springs and shocks are adjustable, depending on which you buy. Coilovers usually cost between $900-$5000, depending on how fancy you'd like to get. Spring/Shock combinations are cheaper but aren't as well tuned and you may run into problems. Yes, you're stock rims, unless nice, would look stupid on a dropped car. The stamped out chompies with hubcaps would be a waste of time. Buy some better wheels if that's the case. Exhaust wise, if all you want is a loud sound, just buy the muffler. My suggestion, if you want a loud GOOD sound, buy a high quality cat-back system. Mufflers sound like lawn mowers and don't offer much of a power gain. A high quality one will sound like a refined racing engine. People who know about cars will laugh at you if you do the cheapy muffler only exhaust. Everyone else will just think you're having car trouble. Anymore questions, just ask. I'd like to save as many as I can from "rice" syndrom or just doing things wrong out of ignorance.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Juggles said:
Phew, you are new. Let me educate you as best I can. On the suspension, yes, coilovers are all adjustable (at least all I know about), some springs and shocks are adjustable, depending on which you buy. Coilovers usually cost between $900-$5000, depending on how fancy you'd like to get. Spring/Shock combinations are cheaper but aren't as well tuned and you may run into problems. Yes, you're stock rims, unless nice, would look stupid on a dropped car. The stamped out chompies with hubcaps would be a waste of time. Buy some better wheels if that's the case. Exhaust wise, if all you want is a loud sound, just buy the muffler. My suggestion, if you want a loud GOOD sound, buy a high quality cat-back system. Mufflers sound like lawn mowers and don't offer much of a power gain. A high quality one will sound like a refined racing engine. People who know about cars will laugh at you if you do the cheapy muffler only exhaust. Everyone else will just think you're having car trouble. Anymore questions, just ask. I'd like to save as many as I can from "rice" syndrom or just doing things wrong out of ignorance.
That's for 'true coilovers.' Coilover sleeves (Ground Control, Skunk2) are a lot less.. Roughly $300

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Oh yeah.. I'm lowered on stock hubcaps.. I don't have much wheel gap at all.. And I personally don't care what it looks like either.. It's winter time, I don't want my rims on, b/c the low profile non-all season tires aren't really meant to perform in the snow, and I'm far too lazy to raise my car back up so it 'looks right' to some people.. When warmer weather comes, so will my rims..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.