Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up. I'm planning on lowering my teg soon, but I want to make sure I lower it enough so there is MINIMAL/NO wheel gap. I'm thinking about 2 inches, but would that be enough? BTW, im getting 16 inch Rota's if that helps. Thanx

·
Registered
214 Posts
Maybe consider in getting some good lowering springs.I think you may need to drop it a little more than 2 inches. Like 2.25 inches. I got a way better ride with lowering springs than having coilovers. Plus they're way cheaper. I never needed to adjust the height on my car so I pretty much wasted my money with the coilovers. With the money you saved you can get a camber kit. Although most people don't have one, I think it's helpful so you don't wear you're tires unevenly. My bro kept having to rotate his tires until he got a camber kit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i woudlnt go over 2 inchs, personaly i would get the eibach sportline spring kit with a really good set of adjustable shocks, kyb agx's or koni yellows...

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Shane said:
i woudlnt go over 2 inchs, personaly i would get the eibach sportline spring kit with a really good set of adjustable shocks, kyb agx's or koni yellows...
And THIS would ALSO be my suggestion since you probably won't want or require height adjustability. I'm assuming this is for looks mostly...

A.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Since you wanted NO gap, I would have to suggest going LOWER than 2 inches. I am lowered on Neuspeed Race 2.25 inches I think. I also run 17" tho so there's NO gap. But I don't scrape as much as people think, mainly because of the 17 incher's extra height.

With 16" and you want NO gaps, definitely 2.25"+ Remember to GET CAMBER KITS!!!

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Originally posted by mikeyy but handling will improve also.
Don't count on it.

Make sure to get adjustable shocks that can comply with your Extreme drop! Lower Does NOT always equal better handling.

Ever see those bouncing slammed ricer mobiles? Thats because their shocks can't handle the extreme compression of the lowered springs and were not matched when thought of or purchased.

A.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
rocketGSR said:
Since you wanted NO gap, I would have to suggest going LOWER than 2 inches. I am lowered on Neuspeed Race 2.25 inches I think. I also run 17" tho so there's NO gap. But I don't scrape as much as people think, mainly because of the 17 incher's extra height.

With 16" and you want NO gaps, definitely 2.25"+ Remember to GET CAMBER KITS!!!
im runnin w/ the neuspeed race springs and koni reds and it dropped me about 3". i have wheel tuckage and when im going over 5 mph on a turn, its grinds the shit outta my tire

·
Registered
247 Posts
3 1/4" drop here

I have 1999 GSR stock "15" rims.
I have sprint Xtreme racing springs, 3 1/4" dropped in front and 3" in rear.
It's mostly for looks. I dropped my car back in 05/99.. and since then my shocks has worn out badly. I noticed the shocks were going bad around 2/00. Im planning to get tokico 5 way adjustable shocks... soon when they're available.

It's really a pain in butt when I turn the wheel. If the ground is in an incline.. and my front wheel are facing upward.. I would stratch my wheel against the fender each and every time I turn.
If the ground is flat (freeway only) .. I have no problem.
But either way I find it difficult to drive over speed bumps, dips..
and especially on steep narrow drive way. It's almost impossible
to avoid getting front lips stratch!

If you're planning to get 17" inch rims.. I would go as low as 2 1/4" - 2 1/2" dropped!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.