Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well Ijust installed my old stile aem 3 bolt cam gear. it looks like a great pice and the car is runing great. It does seem to make a little more noise while he car is runing which is a little odd for me. ill post pictures tommorow.

it is very easy to adjust either advance or retard. The markings are very easy to read and you can tell very precisley where on the cam gear you are. The instuctions that came with this are amazing and very detailed.

Im going to play with the timing (both cam and ignition) tommorow and let you know if there is any actual power gain according to my butt dyno.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wellhere is the cam gear in, its a nice solid pice. I also modified the gear cover for easy acces to the bolts. I also removed the lip so now valve cover removal isnt necesary to remove the cover.

ooverall it turned out great. I had a few hickups here and there with belt tension, but all turned out well.

I will be heading down to the track sometime this week I hope. I will tune in the cam gear and ignition timing when I get down there. Ill write down all times and modifications to the setup.

here is the base run of the car last time at the track, cam strraight up and ignition timing at 16 BTDC.

[email protected] with a 2.43 60 ft

1 - 4 of 4 Posts