Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O my daymm....my aem big brake rotors are in...i got them chromed on the adapter too...and man they feel sooo much smoother than my stock i love it...saved from a ticket today too!! HAHA! instead of rollin the stop sign i stopped completly so the cop pulled the guy that rolled it behind me!! well just wanted to let ya'll know its tite! and smooth!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I agree with Chewie. They *should* be fine, just be sure not to drive them hard and hot, then WET them (i.e. in a car wash). The drastic temperature change will warp them like a mofo. Then they'll be un-usable. :(

The AEM brakes aren't BAD, they just require more attention, just like a turbo. ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tips....but yea i heard they warp tooo because my friend had them for like 6 months and they warped...but i mean daymmm its sooo smooth man i love it....

·
Registered
292 Posts
I donno if it's just a rumor or not, but i heard they warp too. Let me to rather go w. Brembo or Wilwood. I'd still get the AEM Big Brakes. Take pics if u could..

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i'll have the pics up sooon....the chrome was done very clean..but the aem letters were takin off...o well.

·
Registered
568 Posts
DID you get the NEW model AEM Big Brake 1 piece sloted kit? because i was looking on their website and they are disconneal the 2 piece cross drill because it CRACK and WARP easy!!! and repalceing then with the NEW and better AEM 1 piece sloted rotor! I'm waiteing for AEM to come out with their new kit for the 6 g accord. should be out in acouple of month.

Here what AEM said about their new Kit.

"We are pleased to introduce our "new and improved one-piece rotor design" for our Big Rotor Brake Systems! The new design, which incorporates a slotted rotor surface (without cross-drilled holes), provides improved stopping performance under extreme use in both street and race applications. It is also quieter during operation. These new rotors are offered in carbon black only (BL), no colors.

Please note that we will migrate our existing two-piece rotor line to one-piece systems over the course of 2003."

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah i have the 2 piece. if mines does warp im goign to call aem to see what the deal is. see if mines is under some kinda of warranty. but we'll c . =) i know people that has had it for over a year now and no problems. i guess its just how you treat them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

These the best pix i could get...daym i couldn't even clean off my rims...i shouldve shined up the chrome or show it a little more but gyeah there you go PIX!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts