Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the top of the AEM at the end closest to the throttle body there is a small hole. It this hole suppose to be plugged or connected as it was to the same hose as the stock intake. I Find it strange that the whole would be there but blocked.......

I talk to AEM today and they did infact say that it should be blocked. Just curious.....

· Registered
2,092 Posts
E_Luder said:
At the top of the AEM at the end closest to the throttle body there is a small hole. It this hole suppose to be plugged or connected as it was to the same hose as the stock intake. I Find it strange that the whole would be there but blocked.......

I talk to AEM today and they did infact say that it should be blocked. Just curious.....
a little line comes from the area above the throttle body and connects to that hole...there was a little white plastic piece that came with the intake kit that is small enough to make those connect...its like a vacuum hose connector i guess. you should have taken that tube off your stock intake when you uninstalled it :confused: im surprised you didnt notice it :confused:

· Registered
283 Posts
Why would AEM say the hole should be blocked? The hose from above the throttle body fits onto the white nipple thingy that you stick in the hole....it even says so in the instructions supplied for the install. Maybe you got an intake with a painted over hole.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I figured that out after reading the instructions again but thanks guys for you help.
Next question..... I have a little vacuum line plug that is the only thing left in the setup parts. Can anyone tell me what this is for. In the instruction is says on VTEC models to cap the intake manifold port. Where is this? Can anyone describe it to me or send me a pic?

· Registered
2,092 Posts
when you removed your intake resonator, there should have been a vacuum line that connected to a butterfly valve. follow that line up to the intake manifold (right near the battery, underneath some of the intake piping). there you should find the nipple where the line connects to...plug the line with a screw or golf tee or take the line off and cap up the nipple.

· Registered
2,092 Posts
LakeMountLude said:
i just covered mine up.. but i didnt find a little nipple thing inside the box for my AEM.. oh well.. anyone know what it does?:confused:
i think its something to do with emissions. its probably not very important, and it doesnt matter if you connect it or not. oh well..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.