Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put my aem cai back in a few days ago and i know it sucks in major air but is it normal to suck in so much that the sucking noise is heard all over the front right wheel area.. i mean i know the filter is near the right bumber but standin like 7 feet away..the only thing you can hear is the sucking noise..even over the engine noise..and this is when car is at a stop at idle..

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Yeah is it kind of a constant quiet droning/soft whining sound? I noticed that even when I took the airbox off my stock intake. Normal stuff. I love it when I turn off the car and I can hear the air through the filter sucking through for a second or so, sounds like it's breathing a sigh of relief. Once in a while if I'm cruising by a fence or something, I can hear a short suck of air as I dip into the throttle when shifting.... but I'm getting into a dreamy tangent.... in short, from what you've described it sounds normal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i posted this in another forum and it is said that its not suppose to happen..what was pointed out was my car was in idle so it shouldnt suck in air to the point where its obviously heard..only heard when i gas it..what was said was maybe my filter or throttle body area where its connected has air leaks..can that be the problem?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Yeah it's a good idea to check for leaks. But I don't know why you shouldn't be able to hear it at idle.... like I said before, when I turn off my car you can definitely hear it suck in air for a second while the engine turns over a few more times. It's definitely loud enough to be heard when the car is idling. Unless all the people on that other forum have insanely loud exhausts....

·
Banned
212 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with everyone above, it's completely normal for that noise to occur. The sucking noise is audible on everyone of my friends cars that have AEM cai's as well as mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.