Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the D16Y8 with dc sport stainless header,and an air intake, I was wondering what the best way would be to turn the Cam Gear, it is AEM Tru Time, Any if will be a big help i will be putting it on in a couple hours. Thanks.

·
Registered
478 Posts
kommon_sense said:
Don't bother putting it on. You don't have enough mods to make any real use of it. Wait until you get a header + cam.

Also, can you post a pic of the gear. The dc sports 96-00 gears used to be marked wrong...
I disagree. The stock cam accompanied with breathing modifications repsonds well to a few degrees retard if your looking to help out your trap speed in the 1/4. However youll see a slight decrease in the lower end, especially with the Vtec motors.

Around town, if your not into spinin to 7k rpms all the time, keep it at the stock setting.

Make sure to adjust the ignition timing as well every time you make a cam timign change, as the distributer rotor is driven by the cam, and any change in the cam timing effects the timming. its like a "See-Saw" (member those?)

u have to find a happy medium.

with that said i have found that 2-3 degrees retard on the stock cam for the non vtecs work well. Try to get your ignition timing as close to 19btdc as you can, you may have to notch your distributer. I reccomend you run higher grade gas if your not already just for safety.

Check out this article i wrote some time ago for more on ignition and cam timing with adjustable cam gear.

http://sohchonda.com/articles/articles.php?article=0005 <---good stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.