Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This girl i know drive a 98 prelude base an she got a AEM cold air Intake. well i guess her bypass valve is about 3in up from the intake. does that make sence??? i guess it came like that or someshit. I didnt see it but thats what she said. houldnt it be under the hood?

but umm..shes a cool chick. she gave me her stock cluster for my cluster with the indiglows. :) I them stock ones much better. I also lost 5k miles off my car :hehe

· Registered
2,049 Posts
Yeah the bypass valve should be higher up. I believe it should be somewhere around the pre-existing battery box area. Atleast where the pipe comes out of the wheel well, and bends parrallel with the road surface.

· Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MacTown said:
Yeah the bypass valve should be higher up. I believe it should be somewhere around the pre-existing battery box area. Atleast where the pipe comes out of the wheel well, and bends parrallel with the road surface.
yeah..thats what i was thinking. but her intake pip is one peice all the way down. fucking weird? an its AEM.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
yeah..thats what i was thinking. but her intake pip is one peice all the way down. fucking weird? an its AEM.
AEM bypass valve is sold as is and not as a pakage with any of the AEM cai's so you have to cat the cai pipe and install the bypass valve yourself. The guy who did it was a :nuts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.