Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Other company, please name...

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight fellaz, question...
my friend at eastern autosports told me not to get a CAI because it's a waste of money.. instead, to pair my exhaust with a short ram since i only have a 4 cyl and wouldn't really see much gains in the lower torque band which is where i would want to see it. any input?

· Registered
766 Posts
nah ...if you want good stuff and can spend around $170 go for AEM CAI
short ram is gay...you might as well get a pipe at OSH and stick a filter on the end ...same result ..same hot air from under the hood....or you might as well leave it stock....
if you want cold air ...than you should be drawing it from the outside and that means AEM CAI...of course you can make one yourself but why bother
have fun :)

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9accord6 said:
nah ...if you want good stuff and can spend around $170 go for AEM CAI
short ram is gay...you might as well get a pipe at OSH and stick a filter on the end ...same result ..same hot air from under the hood....or you might as well leave it stock....
if you want cold air ...than you should be drawing it from the outside and that means AEM CAI...of course you can make one yourself but why bother
have fun :)

that's what the heatshield is for... on our cars, cold air is kinda pointless.. i figured it out by calling everywhere including AEM themselves...

· Registered
125 Posts
I like the short

The cold air one will give you more HP gain
However if you live in a wet environment like I do, I would go with the short. Yeah, it is hard to get water into the cold air intake, and you can buy a bypass valve, but I decided to be safe than sorry and lose the extra 3-5 HP gain and go with the short intake by AEM... I like it and the power and noise is great!!

· Registered
766 Posts
its really hard to get CAI submerged...i mean you have to cross some river to do that
and anyways if the water level is that high you might as well go catch your car down the stream...and believe me that problem would seem insignificant compared to other problems you will run into
and if you are still not sure just get bypass valve...it is 100% safe as long as you dont submerge bypass valve...if it gets to that point your are in deep shit anyways and even short ram will not help you

· Registered
23 Posts
I just bought an Intake

Ok i just bought an arospeed SRI and took it to the track and ran a 10.7...10.8 the daybefore i put the Intake on I ran 10.622 and 10.678 why does it seem like the SRI took some power away?? :confused:

· Registered
334 Posts
well for 50 buck u buy and airbuy pass valve and no worries. Crazy story time. I live in a burb of chicago and a few days after i installed my air bypass i was driving home with my mom from her store. It started to rain like crazy, I mean crazy many streets where flooded. Well two blocks from home in my subdivision ( haha sub)the street is flooded the only other way mean leaving the subdivision ( haha sub) and going around so my moms liek drive throgh before i knew it the water was about 2 inch from the bottom of my window. I thought the second i pull out my engine will quit and i will have to come back with a blow drier to mysuprise Nothing happened, at least not to my engine. I went to the honda dl and told them the story the pull out the tranny oil stick and it wa fed up. Then he started to check the engine I said dont bother I know no water got in, He tought he was going to prove me wrong. I was right no water, so scared of a flood just make sure ur windows are closed.

· Registered
575 Posts
for a 2-3 HP gain from the AEM, i wouldn't waste my money on it. i know its good quality stuff and i'm not sayin AEM is bad, but why not pay about way less than half of an AEM for a generic one off ebay?

in my case, i got a generic short ram for 30 bucks off ebay. i know its not gonna be a huge gain but i'd rather pay 30 bucks over 100 bucks.

· Registered
77 Posts
uh,right..

How many times are you gonna buy a intake for your car?
You might as well get a good one.
I mean if your that much of a tight wadd you can go to Autozone in there rice isle and get a nice chrome intake with bright yellow hoses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.