Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is selling an aem ems for $300 in good conditions. But is for 96 to 99 integras. My integra is 2000... There’s any way that I can install it into my car?? Any special wires to buy or something?? Thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,248 Posts
Gouken said:
My friend is selling an aem ems for $300 in good conditions. But is for 96 to 99 integras. My integra is 2000... There’s any way that I can install it into my car?? Any special wires to buy or something?? Thanks...
call aem... you should be able to use it with an obd2b->obd2a conversion harness if needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Gouken said:
My friend is selling an aem ems for $300 in good conditions. But is for 96 to 99 integras. My integra is 2000... There’s any way that I can install it into my car?? Any special wires to buy or something?? Thanks...
do not attempt to plug that box into our existing harness you will fry it the second you turn the key on you will need a conversion harness from obd2b to obd2a the harness is like 100 bucks i just went through this same dilema with frying an ecu luckily they warrantied it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuccarlos said:
do not attempt to plug that box into our existing harness you will fry it the second you turn the key on you will need a conversion harness from obd2b to obd2a the harness is like 100 bucks i just went through this same dilema with frying an ecu luckily they warrantied it

thanks for the warning !!! :clap :clap so is obd2b to obd2a...... ok ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Gouken said:
thanks for the warning !!! :clap :clap so is obd2b to obd2a...... ok ..
yes it will work if you get that harness
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top