Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyoen running an aem ems system in teh 5th gens?? is it worht it to get it for taht 1500 price ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have it. It's worth it if you plan on using all that extra options like NOS, Boost control, rev limiters, shift lights, run different maps during different times (ie winter, track, etc) but if you're just going for a once and for all build and tune and plan on just doing the basic bolt ons and a little bit of engine work, I'd stick with the Hondata. It's cheaper and nothing idles like a stock ECU.

·
Registered
510 Posts
gfresh86 said:
is anyoen running an aem ems system in teh 5th gens?? is it worht it to get it for taht 1500 price ?
This is an awesome system. Check all the forums and you should be able to pick one up for around 1000. I did have it but ran into some bad luck and my tuner convinced me to switch to Hondata. Find yourself a really good tuner and go with his recommendation. The shop you have tune it will be the difference between good and bad results.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
kook911 said:
not to be an ass but that doesn't explain shit. you have it, so what. he needed to know if it was worth the money. you showed him a pic. maybe if you explain more on it then "I have it", that would answer his question a little more.
u R an ass, cus i can smell u

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
I think this summer sometime I'm going aem ems for sure. I mean 7 grand into a motor setup plus misc parts. I need something to ensure the motor will last and it has it's troubles on obd2 right now. I think the obd2 will run it the fuel pressure is off I believe and the copper spray on my butterflies gasket is throwing the map off or the map is bad. I can pick up an ems new here for 1200. I would like to hit the 250 hp to the wheels with some tweaking. Ultimately I lose atts I'm learning to live with it although it makes me cringe not having it when I spent the money for an sh!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah u sohudla jsut saved the money form buyign an sh and boguht a base and jsut thrown a lsd on it. the 2-3 gradns more u spent on the sh u coudal onyl spent 1g on an lsd. but at least u got the nice sh stock rims :D. hey waht kdian rims do u ahve on yur lude anyway?

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
gfresh86 said:
yeah u sohudla jsut saved the money form buyign an sh and boguht a base and jsut thrown a lsd on it. the 2-3 gradns more u spent on the sh u coudal onyl spent 1g on an lsd. but at least u got the nice sh stock rims :D. hey waht kdian rims do u ahve on yur lude anyway?
I didn't really spend an extra $3000 just to have an SH. It's a 99 and it had 35,000 miles on it and I got it for an even $13,000. I know people that have paid that for bases it's the fact of the decision wasn't to do all this when I got it but I tell you what, the motor is a BEAST. It pulls so hard right now with a cel and the atts light. I've got a bog at 2000 rpms but the drivabilty in the upper range is perfect and the idle once warm is perfect. I just think the ecu doesn't like the duration on the cams and the fuel is wrong. EMS would take care of all the problems plus allow me to rev to wherever I wan't basically. It pulls to 8000 so fast it's almost like I need another 2000 rpms because the power is there and the flow of the head and intake are wicked. I just am kind of disappointed no one wants to take the time to list results or experiences with ems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts