Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha i know this sounds stupid, but he wants to know what it sounds like, i still got my stock intake so i dunno, but if any of you have like a wav file of it or somethin, that would be most appreciated

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
at www.accordracing.com they have an intall for an iceman intake i think, and for a homedepot intake, so i guess you could kinda go by those.

but really its basic
>remember your radio station settings
>disconnect the battery
>remove the sensors from the stock airbox
>remove the bolts from the stock airbox
>disconnect the stock airbox from the throttle body
>lift out stock airbox
>put in sri
>install sensors
>make sure its a tight fit
>reconnect battery
>reprogram radio
>make sure your ecu was reset with the disconnection of the batter

i think thats all you gotta do, if theres more anyone, feel free to expand on it

· Registered
304 Posts
porter said:
i just ordered an aem short ram intake for my 98 accord coupe. anybody know of any sites that guide you through installing it? this is my first mod. i can't wait to hear the "real" vtec.

porter
you should have gotten a cai. i had a short ram before, and i recently installed my cai, and theres a big difference. highly recommend u get the cai instead of short ram.

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah but i live in georgia and when it rains here it rains, and if i get a bypass valve to prevent hydrolock it cuts the gained horsepower, plus the sri is a ton cheaper

· Registered
227 Posts
yeah... cai is nice, but it can rain hard where i'm from and we seem to get a lot of flash flood warnings compared to other places that i've lived in. the air bypass valve i've heard cuts power and i've heard that if you intend to get the cai + bypass valve, you might as well get the short ram because you get the same performance at a cheaper price.

porter

· Registered
305 Posts
i would rather get the injen cai then the aem cai

· Registered
847 Posts
fox_raptor said:
yeah but i live in georgia and when it rains here it rains, and if i get a bypass valve to prevent hydrolock it cuts the gained horsepower, plus the sri is a ton cheaper
Cool your from Georgia too. I have a cai and have had it for 2 years or so and I havent had any problems. Now going to school at Southern Miss I ahvent had any problems here either and trust me when it rains here it floods the streets dont drain for shieet. But either way intakes are all good:)

· Registered
7 Posts
Sorry I have no WAV file, but I myself do have a SRI in my 95 Accord and am very pleased with it. When you hit about 110 the sound is absolutely amazing. Also when you are accelerating, in the 4-6k RPM range since I have and auto., the SRI can get extremely loud. Basically, with my stock premium sound system turned all the way up, when I hit 5k RPM it drowns the music out. I recommend it extremely, also coming from a place where it rains tremendously, Houston, I passed on the CAI since the by-pass valves don't seem to really help down here. All in all, great sound and IMO a much better pick-up as well...

· Registered
1,680 Posts
guyz, the whole bypass valve thing is a myth. And it was a good one thats probably made aem close to if not millions. Go to v6accord.com and read in the intake forum the thread about the bypass valve myth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.