Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting rid of my AEM cold air intake and getting a Weapon*R short ram. Anyone have this intake. It's called the Dragon Intake. Commnets welcomed.

·
Registered
941 Posts
though i have heard good reviews on this product, i have yet to see a real dyno comparison.

all they have is those generic looking graphs thats made up

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There a few reasons why I want to change it out. I'm more concerned with throttle response than higher horsepower numbers. The unit doesn't fit exactly right in my engine bay. I have no inner fender liner so the filter gets really dirty quick. Just a lot of small reasons like these. I've thought about it for a while and came up with this decision.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Go for it!! I am having the same problem, I am also looking to change out myself... Let us know how it turns out..BTW, do you have a short ram?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. I have the AEM Cold Air Intake w/ bypass that is placed in the passenger fender well. I haven't totally decided which add on system I will get with the Weapon*R Dragon yet. I may get the Ram Air unit or the Ice Box unit. I have to research the two a bit more and ask a couple of questions to the distributors before I can decide. I will definitely let you guys know how I like the new system when I get it.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
eh, why get a weapon r when you can opt for something that is a little bit more "better"

your aem setup with the bypass isn't bad, personally i think it's downgrading to go to a weapon r setup.

save up and look for mugen, j's racing, comptech, etc

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, then I guess my next question would be "If you were going to buy a short ram intake, what would you buy?"

PS- The Weapon*R has a setup that is a lot like the Comptech Icebox. That was probably the route I was going to go.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
The Icebox has great throttle response (short tube) and cold air benefits... all you miss out on is the look/sound of a typical open intake.

Most of the SRI's are virtually the same. I guess just go for AEM or whatever, really doesn't matter much. Injen is actually pretty good but I think appearance-wise they look kinda shitty.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
White98LS said:
The Icebox has great throttle response (short tube) and cold air benefits... all you miss out on is the look/sound of a typical open intake.

Most of the SRI's are virtually the same. I guess just go for AEM or whatever, really doesn't matter much. Injen is actually pretty good but I think appearance-wise they look kinda shitty.

yeah, injen intakes look weird. but come to think of it, it's made by one of the engineers that left AEM to create Injen lol

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
just cut your cai. why would you need to buy a shorty? you already bought the bypass, so that means your tube's already cut.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The bypass directions said to cut it kinda close to the throttle body. It would be a really short ram system, but not as short as the Neuspeed P-Flow. Plus, I don't like the way the AEM mates up to the throttle body..... it's hard to explain.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
GSRGreenSleeper said:
The bypass directions said to cut it kinda close to the throttle body. It would be a really short ram system, but not as short as the Neuspeed P-Flow. Plus, I don't like the way the AEM mates up to the throttle body..... it's hard to explain.
you mean the way it bottlenecks? wouldn't that be good velocity stack considering you drive a hi revving motor? i don't know, i could be wrong.

·
Registered
238 Posts
y spend sooo much money on intake? if your looking for a short ram, just take off the too of your stock air box and run it with a k&n filter, you'll have both a short ram with heat shield. :)

imma poor person, i find ways to do good DiY

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WhiteTegRacer said:
y spend sooo much money on intake? if your looking for a short ram, just take off the too of your stock air box and run it with a k&n filter, you'll have both a short ram with heat shield. :)

imma poor person, i find ways to do good DiY
I have enough money right now, at the beginning of every semester i get a loan check. I set aside a piece of mioney for mods......

Also, It doesn't bottleneck; it's kinda weird what it does. Just take my word for it doesn't line up how I would like it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts