Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didn't see this in any other forum so I thought I would add it. I just put mine on and they seem to give a little bit better midrange in first and second, but the heat and air conditioning slows down a little bit when I come to a stop. I didn't notice the lights dimming or the change in idling that is associated with this kit. However, DO NOT buy the so called "underdrive" kits that give you a crank pulley, I have heard a lot of bad things about this pulley and I recommend doing the power steering and air conditioning pulleys only. And I have a 97 Accord with an H22a.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Air conditioning? I meant alternator, but the air did slow down at idle so it was already on my mind.

·
Registered
300 Posts
actually i hv the crank pulley only but not the power steering and alternator. it feel a lot better. so far i don't hv any problem with it. i hv it almost a yr now. ppl said the powersteering pulley won't do much but the alternator one did...

yes. i m hving a little bit low on idle and light will dimmer a bit when at a stop. my idle sometimes drop to 650...but mostly stay at 750-1000

·
Registered
866 Posts
Actually I would recommend against the any crank pulley. Aftermarket crank pulleys are missing the harmonic damper that absorbs a lot of shock from your engine. Without that your crank bearings will be taking all the abuse. I remember some guy with the crank pulley took apart his engine and looked at the bearing and they showed signs of having a hard life. His engine had 65k on it, 30k without the pulley, 35k with.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Would this mod be worth it if I have no P/S, and will only use the alternator pulley? I plan on sticking with the stock crank pulley.

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah I'm getting rid of my AC and PS and was debating getting Unorthodox racing's single belt conversion that runs just the alternator....worth it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts