Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was jus lookin at the V2 AEM short ram for the type-s, is there a difference between it an the original Aem cai or short ram or the injen cai or short ram and if there is which do you guys think puts out a better performance?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
the v2 is a short ram and not a cai so it doesnt require the removal of the window washer fluid bottle or any cutting into the fender. it makes great hp but cost a bit more than the cai and short ram

·
Registered
679 Posts
You WILL experience heat soak with the v2 just like any other short ram. It's also a little more money. On the other hand, it's a lot easier to install, you don't have to worry about cutting or relocating anything, or hydrolocking (which isn't even really a problem). It's up to really, I can tell you the rsx LOVES its cold air, and I would get a true cold air as long as you dont live somewhere where is floods all the time.

If you get a cold air, go with injen, they really spent some time working on their intake. It's not going to make any more power then say, the aem cai, but they just make your life easier by suppling you with a replacement washer fluid bottle.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have a injen SRI....while it does experience heatsoak at times...(poor throttle response, bogging at low rpms) I still love it, its easy to install, dont have to worry about hydrolocking..and the top end gains are pretty decent...besides..if the Injen SRI is good enough for Toda..its good enough for me =)

·
Registered
772 Posts
ya i want to know also hehe

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
"while it does experience heatsoak at times...(poor throttle response, bogging at low rpms)" =)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
like i've said before..if Toda thinks the Injen SRI is good enough..then its good enough for me..but thats probably cuz im a Toda whore lol

·
Registered
679 Posts
Toda? I could be wrong but Im pretty sure they say to use a COLD AIR INTAKE with their toda flash. That tells me that the cai is better.

Short rams aren't bad when it's cold, but cold air is better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
APEXiTypeS said:
Toda? I could be wrong but Im pretty sure they say to use a COLD AIR INTAKE with their toda flash. That tells me that the cai is better.

Short rams aren't bad when it's cold, but cold air is better.

Toda def uses the injen short ram

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
actually i think they still use SRI's since CAI supposedly arent allowed in Japan

·
Registered
15 Posts
AEM Cold Air Intake...

Well I use to have a AEM Cold Air Intake. It worked great for me. I loved the sound every time the i-***** kicks in. I never had a problem with my C.A.I. But I never heard or tried any other brand before too. So I'll telling you this for heads up.:D

·
Registered
933 Posts
Re: heatsoak?

steamer13 said:
Thanks for the replys.. by the way whats heat soak?
When the engine is at running temp, it gets very hot. Since the filter of the short ram intake sits in the engine bay close to the motor, the filter tends to suck in hot air. The filter, in a sense, soaks in the heat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
AEM provides dyno numbers on their site, so I have summerized them here. These gains seem high, but there is a curve so you can compare the two. Not the best method but gives some insight.

AEM V2 Intake: RSX 2002-03 Type-S 24-6106

Stock HP / Torque: 164.2 HP / 121.8 ft-lb

W/ AEM V2 : 182.2 HP / 130.2 ft-lb

Largest Gain: 18.5 HP @ 8000 RPM / 13.1 ft-lb @ 7300 RPM

--------------------------------------------------

AEM Cold Air Intake: RSX 2002-03 Type-S 21-506

Stock HP / Torque: 167.7 HP / 122.8 ft-lb

W/ AEM V2 : 180.2 HP / 128.3 ft-lb

Largest Gain: 12.7 HP @ 7,250 RPM / 12.1 ft-lb @ 4,750 RPM

The dyno charts are here:
AEM V2 - Dyno Chart

AEM CAI - Dyno Chart

Very similar performing intakes, price wise there is a large difference.

We have the AEM CAI going for $192.00 with the superhonda.com discount
http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/cPath/404_405/products_id/3794

The AEM V2 going for $249.00 with the superhonda.com discount. http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/cPath/404_407/products_id/3903

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
goodknight

thanks for the info on heat soak, nice and easy to understand. much mahalos!!!

thanks also to everyione else who replied

1 - 15 of 15 Posts