Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I got my V2 intake yesterday and I came across a problem during the install. They say that there is supposed to be three things attached to the intake: an intake air temp sensor, a cam cover breather, and an air recirculation tube. My problem is that there were only two things attached to my stock intake, the IATS and the CCB. This V2 was made just for my engine so the question is, why don't I have the air recirculation tube. I looked all around my engine and couldn't find anything like it. There is a nipple on my intake for the tube to go on that I just taped over for now. So I was just wondering if anybody went through my same setup or if they know what I should do because I can't have a hole on my intake. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd leave the nipple capped, I believe the intake piping has more applications that your just your vehicle. Also, chances are your vehicle probably doesn't even have an air intake recirculation tube. If it were there during disassembly of the stock box then you'd see it. Don't sweat it, Even if your engine dose have this feature, its probably better to disconnect it anyway. Who wants recalculated hot air?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
yeah we dont have air recirculation tubes on 96-98 civics i believe. i just capped it off with something i found around the house. i'm sure lowes or any hardware store would have a rubber cab or something like that.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I'm glad to see that I hadn't lost another thing on my car. I just thought that since this model of the V2 was just for the 96-00 Civic EX then they wouldn't have unnecessary hook-ups. The pictures in their instructions looked similar, but not identical, to my car and they had the recirculation tube. I guess it doesn't matter. I will find some type of rubber cap to fit over the nipple. Thanks for the quick replies.

PS: snozepp147, does your car pass smog easily? I'm stuck here in CA where upgrades come with consequences. I passed smog recently with my stock setup after purchasing the car used, but the mechanic said that if I changed anything then I would most likely fail due to how I was already performing. I'm not doing any extreme upgrades but I did get the V2 and would like to get a catback setup. I'm starting to wondering now if I will pass smog. It will be a hassle having to swap the oem parts back in just to pass.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
KJMagnum said:
PS: snozepp147, does your car pass smog easily? I'm stuck here in CA where upgrades come with consequences. I passed smog recently with my stock setup after purchasing the car used, but the mechanic said that if I changed anything then I would most likely fail due to how I was already performing. I'm not doing any extreme upgrades but I did get the V2 and would like to get a catback setup. I'm starting to wondering now if I will pass smog. It will be a hassle having to swap the oem parts back in just to pass.
yeah i think the air recirculation tube is only for 99-00 civics with a b16 engine. in virginia there are no emissions tests, just state inspections. i really doubt that a cold air intake would affect smog, a catback exhaust might, just look for ones that are CARB legal (that will pass california laws) try good exhaust such as GReddy, HKS, Apexi. so you should pass smog tests as long as you don't mess with your catalytic converter. i wouldn't pass any emissions test because of my high flow cat. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
snozepp147 said:
yeah i think the air recirculation tube is only for 99-00 civics with a b16 engine. in virginia there are no emissions tests, just state inspections. i really doubt that a cold air intake would affect smog, a catback exhaust might, just look for ones that are CARB legal (that will pass california laws) try good exhaust such as GReddy, HKS, Apexi. so you should pass smog tests as long as you don't mess with your catalytic converter. i wouldn't pass any emissions test because of my high flow cat. hope this helps.
A high flow cat would be nice but like you said, I doubt I could pass smog. I'm pretty set on the Apex'i WSII exhaust so if I want to take the chance then I'll get that. I don't know if I can try taking the smog test without having the results sent if I fail, it would be nice to just see how I'm running. Damn these CA smog laws. :bh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.