Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i knoe there are lots of mods for our 99-00 si for the mid-to high range. so far i have a aem cold air intake and a thermal r&d classic cat-back. i am planning on getting 4-2-1 headers next to help with the mid-range. but frankly, i am stumped as how to get some low end torque/power down low at around 3k rpms and under. im sure turbo and superchargers could give this, but i dont have that kind of money. what parts do you guys recommend for some low down power?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Cams would help a little. but these engines aren't really desighned for low end torque. I mean the varriable valve timing helps a little but I don't know if you really can do anything drastic to increase low end power.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
djmano said:
hi, i knoe there are lots of mods for our 99-00 si for the mid-to high range. so far i have a aem cold air intake and a thermal r&d classic cat-back. i am planning on getting 4-2-1 headers next to help with the mid-range. but frankly, i am stumped as how to get some low end torque/power down low at around 3k rpms and under. im sure turbo and superchargers could give this, but i dont have that kind of money. what parts do you guys recommend for some low down power?
torque in a bottle :D (aka something like ZEX, $450 & up)- you might not want to do this, but just another option to think about...check out www.zex.com and also take a look at the Nitrous forum located on the main menu of SHO- hope this helped- PEACE

·
Registered
298 Posts
Basically, you have to flow more air.

Which means: serious naturally aspirated tuning which is mucho bucks, some forced induction, neither SC nor turbo is cheap.

The only "cheap" way is chemical induction, i.e. squeezing the bottle.

But, IMHO, nitrous is lame. I don't need another tank to fill. Besides, it's not legal in CA for the street, so it's not an option for me anyway.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the responses guys. seems like im still outta luck for finding some low end power until i get some money for turbo. hopefully my next car will appease my appetite for some low end grunt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.