·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was thinking of getting an S2000.
But I'm afraid of it getting stolen.
Do you guys have any advice, opinon
experience or anything relating to the matter?
I would greatly appreciate it .

Thanks,
AllDone

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
yeah...you can't live your life worrying about someone stealing your car. If you want it then buy it. Regardless no matter what car you have...if someone wants to steal it then they'll steal it. Go buy yourself a S2k and post pics when you get it..:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys.
I'll do some more research.
One other thing I forgot to mention.
I live in an apartment. Is this a no no
for owning an S2000? I plan just to get
a stock car. No addition to it. Not even
factory spoiler.

Thanks.
AllDone :)

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
hobie237 said:
if you want it, get it. if you want to mod it, go for it. if you want to leave it stock, thats cool too. do what makes you happy dude.

:stupid.......

i dont think he gets it though...let me try again....

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO PREVENT YOUR CAR FROM BEING STOLEN...IF THEY WANT IT THEY WILL TAKE IT...

its sad but its true..I've had my ride broken into and i had a alarm. The fuckers just disconnected my battery..Push come to shove...they'll just tow your car...

Tips for you that i use

*lock your doors (obviously)
*dont leave anything visible in the car...cd's /sunglasses etc
*dont leave anything in the car thats of value ..definitly dont leave like your wallet/drivers license..etc
*if you get a system, dont play it really loud in your apartment complex.
* buy wheels locks
* lock your truck switch on the inside (I always keep mine locked)

None of this stuff will prevent theft.....but there are alot of things you can do to slow downa thief....

·
Registered
777 Posts
S2000s are not "high-theft" vehicles. The car is not common enough where people want to steal them to strip for parts. I would say, most of the time, anyone who steals an S2000 is just looking for a joyride. The car may seem like it's "high-theft," but that may be because there's a higher incident per cars sold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jreese said:
:stupid.......

i dont think he gets it though...let me try again....

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO PREVENT YOUR CAR FROM BEING STOLEN...IF THEY WANT IT THEY WILL TAKE IT...

its sad but its true..I've had my ride broken into and i had a alarm. The fuckers just disconnected my battery..Push come to shove...they'll just tow your car...

Tips for you that i use

*lock your doors (obviously)
*dont leave anything visible in the car...cd's /sunglasses etc
*dont leave anything in the car thats of value ..definitly dont leave like your wallet/drivers license..etc
*if you get a system, dont play it really loud in your apartment complex.
* buy wheels locks
* lock your truck switch on the inside (I always keep mine locked)

None of this stuff will prevent theft.....but there are alot of things you can do to slow downa thief....
i agree blasting ur system in certain places it like saying "hey look wut i got... come take it...".... locking ur trunk from the inside helps.... i actually went to the extreme of chaining the trunk down from the inside... on my accord 6 speed... bottom line is alarms are for honest people who wont mess with ur ride in the first place... stealing a honda is easy... i worked in the parts departmen in the largest honda dealer on the east coast.... its as simple as knowing sumone who works there and and jotting down the vin number... a small tip that will help is putting a business card in ur winshield over ur vin number... if police question u when u get pulled over just show em the one in ur door....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thats what insurance is for, someone steals it and you get your check.
Apartment living can be shitty, I have been through it.

If you are in a middle income place or low income place, you will have this car parked away from everyone else. The people in your apartments will see how anal you are about it. If you cover it probably wil be worse.

The fact that most people have no idea what an S2000 is they will be like

"wow how can that asshole afford that."

With that said, if you get it expect
1. Be prepared for people to possibly fuck with you or your car.
2. Be prepared for dings, damage and worry.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Ryocross said:
Thats what insurance is for, someone steals it and you get your check.
Apartment living can be shitty, I have been through it.

If you are in a middle income place or low income place, you will have this car parked away from everyone else. The people in your apartments will see how anal you are about it. If you cover it probably wil be worse.

The fact that most people have no idea what an S2000 is they will be like

"wow how can that asshole afford that."

With that said, if you get it expect
1. Be prepared for people to possibly fuck with you or your car.
2. Be prepared for dings, damage and worry.

thats a good point... i would definately get full coverage insurance...right now i live in a nice area and i have liability only... but in this case the full coverage would be nice peace of mind and a good thing if anything happens

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you guys.
I appreciate it a lot.
I'm more scared now to get it.
There's a Civic SI at my place
and it did get a ding. Maybe I
should wait til I get a house.
But this could mean a long time
to come, or never at all.
Keep the advice coming though if you like

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I say get it...Why deny yourself something you really want just because of what another person may do. It can happen to all of us. There's alot of us with nice cars..I say buy the s2k...dont settle for anything less

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry about the sentence fragments.
Must be the schools I've went to.
Thanks for the advice.

AllDone

·
Registered
482 Posts
Jree$e said:
I say buy the s2k...dont settle for anything less
This is my new philosophy. Saving for a used S2k right now. Only $15k to go!! :bh :rolleyes

·
Registered
801 Posts
dont underestimate the value of indirect threats, take a little sticker from a firearms company, put it on a small piece of tagboard you can put on your seat when you leave the car that says i like guns and my car fuck with it at your own risk. idle threat yes, but ya never know, might make them move on to the next car. an authentic looking police shirt or bag might work too, dont use anything that suggest value or that the gun is in the car of course but im just going on the logic that if i were a theif i wouldnt want to risk stealing a car from an apt building where an armed owner might spot me or taking a car from someone i knew was a cop who might be able to track me down or have a buddy on the auto theft task force that owes him a favor and will put in extra effort to catch me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts