Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok installed a cold air intake, and now the rpms in idle, like at a red light jump to 1500 (not good) and STAYS THERE DOES NOT GO BACK DOWN. and the intake makes a weird nose, like whistleing. but this only happens in D and in R, NOT IN park or N. also the car wants to go so I have to really press the brake. Did a search, and srcewed that white thing in the Fast idle thermo-valve all the way down and put a paper click, did nothing. Cleaned the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve with throttle cleaner and wipe away all that black shit did nothing.
I have not touch that screw on the throttle body, because idle is fine in park and N, and was fine in D before I put the intake. I really dont think it is a vacuum leak cause i closed those two hoses pretty good with tape and silicone. i was thinking it might be the cable cause when in N I barely touch the gas and RPMS goes up to 1500 and stays for a while like 1 1/2 secs and goes back down and the intake makes that weird nose too when i do that. Can and one help me. oh by the way I have a 92 Honda Accord EX

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found out the problem took my car to a shop around called RPM motorshops, and had a really cool guy look at. HE got a can and sprayed around the hose and then he hey said you have a leak, so he then took the hose and pulled it out the throttle body (this is where I was kinda scaryed him pulling shit out the car) and than put a black foam thing on there. MY problem was solve by a little black thing. SO If any of you guys have symptoms like that cheak your hose. The intake is great, you can really feel the pull.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.