Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Market Catalitic Converters & CA's SMOG test help,

The car is a 97 Ls, will I have a problem passing CA's SMOG test using a aftermarket hi-flow cat?
what are the recommended brands that are CA carb compliant?

I've found a few cats on the web however the local mufler shop refuses to install other tahn OEM equipment for my car, because according to them is against CA's Smog laws.

help me out pickt he right one :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
you should be able to go to any local muffler shop, and buy a cat off of them. they should be able to pass smog, otherwise i dont think they can sell it. hi flow cats like catco passes i think, unless you have other mods in your car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think there are any CARB legal cats we can use in Cali. There should be a muffler shop that will install one for you, some will and some won't-keep looking. Carsound makes one but it's only legal for ODBI. I do not know of any cats carb legal for ODBII. If you have an aftermarekt cat that looks stock, it should be ok in the visual inspection. The cat shouldn't be too much of a factor in passing the sniffer. I tested with a Carsound and dint have a prob with my 96 GSR. The real factor is how much hydrocarbons (unburnt fuel)are going to come out of your engine. I was not passing because my hydrocarbons were too high. Email me if you have any questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.