Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin has a 91 accord coupe. He recently had a body kit and F1 aftermarket fiberglass fenders installed and had the car painted. He paid the shop 4,000 to install the kit, fenders, and painted. When it was finished the fenders were all messed up, sticking up in the front on one side, big gap in the other. The guy said it was because the fenders were wrong for the car. So my cousin orders another set of fenders, ones the claim to be OE Fitment. So he takes them back to the guy, he lines them up and again they dont fit right. Is the common? Anyone else have this problem. I personally think this autobody guy is just some tool who doesn't know what he's doing. I think with a little modification they could be lined up. Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many times aftermarket parts don't lineup correctly. Why? I have no idea. I had the same problem with mine and I spent hours on the supposedly "OEM" fitment and they still didn't work. The only fenders that fit my accord are the "Genuine" honda certified fenders, I got from a honda dealership. Expensive, Yes! but they fit the best.
On the other hand try to fit them yourself and see if you can fit them, and if you can than great and you'll know that the shop is enept.
Goodluck though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed, there is nothing better fit then from the dealer. But he wants these aftermarket fenders with the vents on them. I am wondering if we should take it to another body shop since the new ones have to be painted anyway and see if they can modify them to fit correctly.

·
Registered
579 Posts
OEM fitment on aftermarket parts = this dumbass thinks its gonna be da shit!

Seriously though no offense to you at all, but aftermarket metal is always just that.......aftermarket. You can get the fenders to line up perfectly however I would take it to a GOOD shop since you will need a little experience. When buying metal body parts just remember that if the price is too good than no one ever researched and developed the part for direct bolt on. Spending a little more at the start will save you time and money once you get the part in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't feel to bad I have a body kit for my car and would you think that it fits right? So far I only tried to test fit the front bumper cover and its off by like 3 inches so that means i get to section it or throw it away because its a pain in the ass. I havn't even found out the fun I get to have with the rest of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.