363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aftermarket intake?
Spings and coil overs?
Headers?
Pullies?
Cam gears?
Exhaust?

Do anyone knows if this parts will void your warranty?

I was reading PO and some guy got fucked over by the dealer not replacing his tranny because he had an AEM CAI.

Anyone else?

· Registered
3,921 Posts
No aftermarket part will void your warranty unless it is found that the aftermarket part installed was directly or partially responsible for the malfunction to occur. To avoid voiding your electrical warranty, you cannot cut ANY wires in your car, you must tap into them. If the dealer finds any wires cut, your electrical warranty is worth shit. Also any part that is replaced, is not covered under the original warranty.

I keep all of my old parts, because I plan on having this car for a VERY long time... might want to turn it back to stock when I'm 60 or some shit... hehe. My classic 94 Prelude VTEC.

~Peace :D

· Registered
1,336 Posts
i keep all the stock part of my civic/tls :) my bf always get on me for it, i dont know why? he have alot of his junk in there too:) our garage is geting fill up :) i have 1set of tl-s wheels. 1set of stock 95 civic ex wheels, 95 civic hood, tail light, head light , corner light, steering wheel, factory cassette deck,:)
i even keep stuff that i got from my friend :) they doesnt need it any more so i was like "let me have it :)" i have after market springs for a 95 accord, 99civic tail light, and a double deck saleen spoiler :) may be some day i have enuff 2 start a garage sales :)

· Registered
14 Posts
like someone above said.. i doubt aftermarket struts/springs would void a warranty.. warranties don't cover struts anyways.
now i have heard that some honda dealers, frown upon mods.. and won't service a car until the car has been returned to stock form. which is kinda stupid. but, then again i see their point in that they probably don't know how to put something back together..

· Registered
100 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
No aftermarket part will void your warranty unless it is found that the aftermarket part installed was directly or partially responsible for the malfunction to occur. To avoid voiding your electrical warranty, you cannot cut ANY wires in your car, you must tap into them. If the dealer finds any wires cut, your electrical warranty is worth shit. Also any part that is replaced, is not covered under the original warranty.
Exactly. If they try to say that your warrenty is void on a transmission due to a intake then you can fight it and almost certainly win.

Keeping the stock parts is a good idea for trade in too, as a car is often worth more with the stock parts then the aftermarket parts to a dealer as the aftermarket parts limit the number of potential buyers.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:

I keep all of my old parts, because I plan on having this car for a VERY long time... might want to turn it back to stock when I'm 60 or some shit... hehe. My classic 94 Prelude VTEC.

~Peace :D
this is exactly what I have been told....you can take them to court if they don't fix it under warrenty!

· Registered
178 Posts
in my area, change header it won't void your warranty ... i have 5 years, 100,000 miles warranty ... and before i mod my car, i go to the local dealer to make sure it won't void my warranty

LudeAction ... i think so .. you probably lost your electrical warranty

Strut Brace
Big Brake kit
Sway bar ... etc
nothing change about electric

Mugen body kit is coming :D

· Registered
452 Posts
So far as I know the stock shocks are warranted for 3/36 and the extended will also cover them. As to aftermarket parts - there is a degree of dealer discretion involved along with their relationship with the Honda rep for their area.
My dealer made this quite clear while installing parts on various cars, including mine. They also have a "performance center" store as part of the parts department and will put the pieces on. The aftermarket part is covered by its manufacturer's warranty only.
In my case the Honda warranty is void only as to suspension and exhaust, because I have modified them both. BTW: The stock muffler carries basically NO warranty until you buy their "lifetime" replacement. My wheels and tires are no longer covered as they were replaced (tires have a separate warranty anyway). Do any of the parts I have had installed affect the Honda warranty coverage-NO. It is also important to establish a good relationship with the service department-have them assign a tech to look after your car on a continuing basis. Both of my cars are cared for at the dealership by the same people.
BTW: I prefer going there rather than a drive-thru oil change. I could do it myself, but I get a real Honda checkup and any parts will come directly from Honda-with a warranty. AND-it costs about the same!
As to a garage full of parts-yes indeed I too can restore to stock. The only thing I would have to get repaired would be the 2 holes for the rear Shock tower bar where it goes thru the trunk liner.
Happy Luding

· Registered
124 Posts
I keep all my old parts as well just in case i ever need them again. But the warranty depends on where you bought the car. My friends warranty states he cannot have any aftermarket parts or his warranty is void, mine says that i can have a few thiings but nothing that makes my car faster.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
The burden of proof will always be on the dealer. They can deny you warranty service for whatever reason. People rely too much on warranties anyway.....

· Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ludeboy said:
The burden of proof will always be on the dealer. They can deny you warranty service for whatever reason. People rely too much on warranties anyway.....
Actually is from HONDA CARE.... and shit...if my car is new and has warranty they better fix all my shit....cars arent cheap anymore...specially when you are paying more then 4 bills a month....dont you think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.