Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 07 Civic EX a little over a week ago. The first thing I always do after buying a new vehicle is install a new head unit. I did the install by plugging harnesses into the factory harness and then into the new unit. After the install my check engine light was on. My car went into limp home mode. And now I get no response at all from the accelerator. The dealer checked the APP and said its functioning correct. They said a signal is going to the ECU, but the ECU isn't sending a signal to the throttle body. (Pretty sure that's how he said it). Called crutchfield tech support, and they said other than the speed sensing wire (which isn't used in the new head unit) nothing should even come close to have effecting the ECU, throttle, or accelerator. Thoughts on what could've happened. I've been installing radios since I was 15 and never had anything happen until this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just bought an 07 Civic EX a little over a week ago. The first thing I always do after buying a new vehicle is install a new head unit. I did the install by plugging harnesses into the factory harness and then into the new unit. After the install my check engine light was on. My car went into limp home mode. And now I get no response at all from the accelerator. The dealer checked the APP and said its functioning correct. They said a signal is going to the ECU, but the ECU isn't sending a signal to the throttle body. (Pretty sure that's how he said it). Called crutchfield tech support, and they said other than the speed sensing wire (which isn't used in the new head unit) nothing should even come close to have effecting the ECU, throttle, or accelerator. Thoughts on what could've happened. I've been installing radios since I was 15 and never had anything happen until this.
I too have been installing aftermarket car audio for 20+ years.

I have an '06 LX Civic with a simple car audio system (15" Kicker Solobaric/Precision Power Amp with 'Peripheral PRC1 RCA Level Controller' which is conveniently installed in my arm rest so my sub volume is only a couple of seconds away along with 'Stinger SGN13 Adjustable Line Out Converter' tapped into the rear speakers to get my RCA cables for the subwoofer amp. The rest is stock interior speakers and radio! Like I said, very simple, but super effective, audio system.)

The fact that your CHECK ENGINE light went on immediately makes me think something is wrong with your head unit OR wire harnesses.

Try to isolate your problem and send an update.

Gotta be honest with you, I think Crutchfield is the best part of your issue as they are great with customer service or at least they were back in the day when I used them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts