Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you guys do about relocating the cruise control from the stock steering wheel?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
well, if i where to remove my stering wheel i'd just pull the cruse control

well thats what i'd do at least

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to really need it because I'm moving to Florida and 1200 miles with no cruise sucks! So if I have to its just going to dangle there.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
it will be hard for it to "dangle" there as the connection is through a wide ribbon. i have yet to see how you can do that without slsicing the ribbon up and figuring out what wires go where...also be careul when ding that since the airbags are in the same ribbon.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
You don't have to cut the ribbon for that, nothing actually attaches to the ribbon. It is contained inside the round plastic box, which by the way is called a "clock spring" for whatever reason. Anyways, the connectors for horn, airbag, & cruise are coming out the top part of the box which is the part that rotates when you turn the wheel. The connectors will hang there, but since they turn with the wheel you'll have the cruise toggles swinging around over the top & all that when you turn the wheel. If you take lots of long trips and use cruise I can see keeping it, but if you only want it for one trip I'd just sacrifice it.

I assume you are dropping the airbag too, since you are going aftermarket...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks klungemonger I'll get a better look at it when I get my car back from the shop. I'm putting the wheel in because my car was stolen. So i can just take the wheel with me now, yeha quick release. I should have never got the EBP Si, I should have gone black. And yup airbag be gone, my dad doesn't like the idea very much. Still telling me what to do even at 22. But I'm a rebel and bought it anyway.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
If you remove both the airbag and cruise control, there is only 1 wire left for the horn (if you care about keeping that...) otherwise you can remove the clock spring completely. Sell it to someone who wants to install cruise in their DX or whatever. Most people don't even know about that thing but it is essential if you want cruise.

If you intend to keep cruise in there and it doesn't mount to the steering wheel properly, you could try taking the clock spring out, tapping the wires directly off the dash harness for the cruise buttons, and modify the cruise button housing to mount right on the side of the steering column so it doesn't turn with teh wheel, it just stays fixed there...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
klungemonger what part of Michigan are you from?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
you shouldnt be removing an airbag

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
klungemonger said:
He's not. Someone else removed it without consent, he's just not planning to put another one back in! :)

oh is that what all that said?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
temp03 said:
you shouldnt be removing an airbag
Ok dad.. j/k I know no airbag is not something a lot of people don't like. However my cars/trucks before this one did not have any and i'm ok. However I've never been in a wreck. I guess all ayrton senna needed was an airbag and he'd be alive today.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
yanchulacivicsi said:
Ok dad.. j/k I know no airbag is not something a lot of people don't like. However my cars/trucks before this one did not have any and i'm ok. However I've never been in a wreck. I guess all ayrton senna needed was an airbag and he'd be alive today.

actually its FEDERAL LAW that tampering w/ or removing an airbag is illegal

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
yanchulacivicsi said:
I guess all ayrton senna needed was an airbag and he'd be alive today.
I thought he got drilled in the skull with flying debris or something when he crashed? Regardless, at over 200mph and potentially going sideways, I question the effectiveness of an airbag in such a wreck...not that I question airbags in general, so no flaming from temp...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
klungemonger said:
I thought he got drilled in the skull with flying debris or something when he crashed? Regardless, at over 200mph and potentially going sideways, I question the effectiveness of an airbag in such a wreck...not that I question airbags in general, so no flaming from temp...

huh? airbag is a safety device, ment to help prevent injury, being a dumbass and driving that fast means you should die anyway.....lol......

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
klungemonger said:
You do know he was an F1 driver in a race at the time...

oh....no.....LOL

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A pin in the steering went and his car went straight into the barriers and the steering rod went uo and trough him when he crashed. Lots of things are illegal why is this so taboo. If I could only count all the Fed laws i've broken. Well it was just one over and over again when i was young. Them damn mailboxes kept calling me and my friends out. I will not tell any number but it was past teh century mark. Heck i'll wear a helmet if it makes everyone feel better. I like in florida you don't need to wear a helmet one a motercycle but you have to have that damn airbag. Them damn crazy democrats

1 - 20 of 31 Posts