Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came out of the grocery store yesterday and found an NSX parked adjacent to my Fiero.

The engine cover was not in attendance and the engine side of the interior and exterior rear windows was filthy indicating its absence was not short term.

Shortly, a woman, that looked to be in her mid 70s, emerged and approached the car. I told her that she had a very nice car and she thanked me, telling me that it was her husband’s and he was out of town so she was stuck with the car whose AC didn’t work.

This gave me pause to wonder what the average age of an NSX driver is. The guy who owns that car is probably in his upper 70s and might have been mid 50s when the car was new.

A decade ago, I drove through the neighborhood where I grew up in the sixties. It was a new subdivision then but upon my visit, I saw a bunch of gray haired residents working in the yards. If I drive through that neighborhood ten years from now, the population will have completely turned over.

I doubt the many young people acquired NSXs new and suspect that many are driven by gray haired owners now.

Might this mean that the market will be “turning over” soon? Maybe it is now or already has. An increase in supply results in a decrease in price if the demand remains constant.

A census of this forum’s members would provide few clues because younger owners are much more represented on the web.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
if you have you a bunch of older people trying to get rid of thier nsx's at once then value will go down. but if they pass them down as they pass away the younger generation may realize the true importance to honda in auto history and then the value will remain high, regardless i think it will retain it's value regardless because it was a first for honda on so many different levels.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
age is nothing..money is all.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
...Might this mean that the market will be “turning over” soon? Maybe it is now or already has. An increase in supply results in a decrease in price if the demand remains constant...
Depends, but probably not. All things being equal, yes the price would drop. However, demand for this car is strong enough to keep its value from dropping really low and the supply isn't going to explode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.