Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up? I have a 97LS and I just recently started having this crazy rattling or clicking noise only when I accelerate from 2500 to 3200 rpms...Then it seems to go away..It only makes the noise under normal acceleration, but if I gas it all it wont make the noise...?? So I am lost...could it be the b-pipe or the heat shield on my cat?? It is definitely coming from the passenger side of the car or under the shift console somewhere...Any help would be great...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
KSnooksK said:
So I am lost...could it be the b-pipe or the heat shield on my cat?? It is definitely coming from the passenger side of the car or under the shift console somewhere...Any help would be great...

Thanks
Sounds like you alredy found out where the problem originates from,,,just double check everything that you stated above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aggravating rattle?

It is all stock except for these weekend when I change my headers and put my cat-back on as well as my short shifter...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Could be any of those things you first listed.. also if your car is lowered it could be your headers scrapping if they are low enough.. or it could be your exhaust pipes rattling against the short shifter.. check the things you listed first and move on to other ideas if it isnt them..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im not trying to make you feel bad, but did you transfer the metal gasket from your factory header onto the aftermarket one? When I first put my header on, I was in a rush and forgot to do that and it caused a bad rattle. Otherwise its very possible that its your shortshifter rattling on your exhaust, but you would probably be able to feel that through the shifter.

·
Registered
213 Posts
im having the same damn problem. i have a 94 gs-r and at 3000-3400 im having a rattleing noise. i posted it and they said heatshield,so i took it off still there any other ideas anyone its simaliar to the same thing hes talking about im sure the gear ratios are lower and thats why its happening at a higher rpm.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
It could actually be a totally different problem. It could be your CV joints. When you accelerate at low speeds, a damaged cv joint(or two) may cause the car to shake or rattle. Do you have a knocking sound when you accelerate around corners??This problem is happening with my car(along with the rattling around the same rpms when I accelerate......hope this gives a new way to look at the problem! Good luck!

·
Registered
213 Posts
no, the car handles great its just normal driving around town when i get to 3000 it like a rattle till about 3300:3400 then goes away but when i get on the gas it doesnt do it. well... i probably wouldnt hear if it did so if i think about it it does under any acceleration just its a split second in my car.

·
Registered
445 Posts
just take off the heat shield on the stock 7 out of 10 times thats the problem.....my friends integras and mine all have that problem right after installing a short shifter. i took both of my friends heat shield off and there rattle free now. now more annoying rattle. i'd just left mine, mine wasn't that bad yet. plus i am too lazy maybe i do it this weekend

·
Registered
213 Posts
well thats not totally true i must be one of those 3 because i took off my heat sheild guess what .... still rattles i cant seem to locate where its coming from either

·
Registered
213 Posts
(i know its off topic)hey KSnooksK your from biloxi.... pm me and tell me your name im 18 and grew up there untill 2 years ago i know alot of people around there so pm me sry for getting off the subject

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know what it is...

I had the same problem. Its your cat converter heat sheald. Jack up your car and unbolt the cat and remove the heat sheald if you cant bend it away from the exhuast pipe. Its the metal hitting metal on the exhaust and it only happens at a certain RPM. So rip that heat sheld off, or just bend it a way from all other parts of metal on the car.

·
Registered
213 Posts
that sounds logical because i cant seem to find where its coming from in the engine thanx ill give it a try

1 - 14 of 14 Posts