Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer keeps getting like a million pop ups and all these erros keep popping up everywhere, and the virus put all these new folders on my comp and all these links and shit in my favorites. Some of the folders it put on my comp I can't delete. AHHH this is so frustrating. Anyone know what I can do, I'm not great with computers?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i took this from a tutorial on deleting un-deletable files.

I noticed sometimes people can't delete a file, either because it's corrupt or something is wrong with it preventing you from deleting it.

Here's how you can delete a file that's undeleteable:

1. Start

2. Run

3. Type in: "command" or "cmd" (Without the Quotes)

4. To move into a directory type: cd c:\*** (The stars represent the folder name)

5. If you cannot access the folder because it has spaces for example Program Files or Kazaa Lite folder you have to do the following; instead of typing in the full folder name only take the first 6 letters then put a ~ and then 1 without spaces. Example: cd c:\progra~1\kazaal~1

6. Once your in the folder with the non-deletable file in it, type in dir - a list will come up with everything inside.

7. Now to delete the file, type in del ***.bmp, txt, jpg, avi, etc... And if the file name has spaces you would use the special first 6 letters followed by a ~ and a 1 rule. Example: if your file name was bad file.bmp you would type in del badfil~1.bmp and your file should be gone. Make sure to type it in the correct extension and correct folder.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
what anti virus software are you using, and when was the last time you got updates for it?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys I finally got it off my computer, I had to download spybot search and destroy. It wasn't really a virus it was like a worm that got into my comp and put all these programs on it and tons of ads. It going around through AIM and once the person gets it, it goes into their AIM profile and puts the link for (dont click it)realphx.com and when u go to that site it puts the worm on your comp

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
yea people confuse adware for viruses all the time, that and trojans

what i use:

Anti-Trojan for trojans/open ports

Spybot S&D for adware (freeware created by a guy that was fedup)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts