Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone play?

I just started yesterday. If you've played WoW, you'd feel pretty comfortable, it's pretty similar. If you've never played an mmo, it'll have a learning curve (like all mmo's) BUT they did add a pretty cool in-game video popup tutorial which is pretty cool.

Based on the cryengine, which was what the original farcry was on. It's a modified version so it supports hdr and stuff. looks great.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
what kinda hardware you running? Im on a 939 system with locked PLL's so I cant do much.

just wondering if I try it, would it bring my system to its knees lol

A64 2.0, 1gb, 7900gt

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kinda hardware you running? Im on a 939 system with locked PLL's so I cant do much.

just wondering if I try it, would it bring my system to its knees lol

A64 2.0, 1gb, 7900gt
7600 geforce go mobile, with 256mb video ram
2gb ddr2 667 ram
5400 rpm hdd
2 ghz core 2 duo

it's a laptop if you didn't guess, and it runs like ass. but it's the ram being filled. with 4gb i bet i could run it better.

you should be able to run it just fine

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
That LOOKS pretty darn cool, much more realistic than WoW, more like an Anime than some stupid kid cartoon like wow looks. I'm not a rpg player, but imo this looks more appealing than WoW ever did.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yar it's got cool features too that wow doesn't. like you're "daevas" who have wings. you can glide/fly. instead of having mounts like every other mmo.

you still have an auction house (ebay style) like wow where you can let the broker sell your shit, or in aion you can set up your own shop and sell stuff (and avoid broker fees). it's pretty neat, when you do you're basically like an npc vendor, people can walk up and buy shit from you while you're in the bathroom taking a shit IRL.

graphics are great and for how good it looks it runs amazingly well.

one thing people loved about wow... two factions. good guys, bad guys. this game has two factions. well, technically three. asmodians, and elyos. third faction being npc's. kinda cool too there's a PvPvE zone called the abyss where each faction has their own base and there's a ton of huge battles of players vs players vs the npc's lol. i haven't gone yet but it looks pretty sweet, i love the pvp.

EDIT: forgot to mention you can customize your armor/gear. in most mmo's when you're leveling up you wear all kinds of mis matched shit and you look like an uncordinated scrub lol. in aion you can dye your gear so they all match. looks alot better that way.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. How much is it a month?
$15/mo. same as world of warcraft and most of the other mmo's.

people who'd argue that being expensive just to play a game I always tell them "hell I spend $25-30+ in ONE night of drinking, but the $15/mo for the mmo gives me an entire month of entertainment"

i love fps games too but you pay $60 for them, beat the game, play the multiplayer for a week, then you're bored of it. mmo's keep giving lol. if you need something to do in your spare time, they're lots of fun. i play casually when i have free time. most mmo's release content patches that add a ton of new stuff to do, and usually an expansion every year or so. keeps things fresh.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
jumping is holding you back?

you can do jump attacks.... lol

for all you suckers like me on limited hardware, try gamebooster, fucking thing netted me like 7-10 average fps in project torque on my 6600. my 7900gt died :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.